Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Tychus Figure

That's a lot, I'll still order because I love the series and it's a perfect figure. But if they think it's expensive I don't think it's THAT expensive.

Reminds me of when the price of the Optimus statue was revealed.

This may have something to do with it:

Confederate marshal turned outlaw rebel, Jim Raynor’s not one to back down from a fight. Equipped with advanced Terran armor and weaponry, the massive 15″ Raynor – Terran Space Marine was assembled from over 525 individually engineered components, making it one of Sideshow’s most ambitious Sixth Scale projects to date.

I definitely shouldn't have been drinking when I read that price. I almost ruined my computer.

I don't understand why these collectible companies choose such high price points that end up pricing so many collectors out. I'm unfortunately out. I would have love this piece and would have justified going to $300 but $500 is ridiculous IMO. I know there is a lot of cost and work involved in the production but that is too far out there. They're trying to make the money in just a few sales. If neca can give us an 18" figure under a $100 bucks so can they. And Im seeing so many post with members Having to sadly turn away from this piece. I'm very, very disappointed. This is becoming a market for the very rich.

Tom

I should start out by saying that I'm not a Starcraft fan and I really don't know much about the series or character.

Having said that, I thought this was a great looking figure though. It's a piece that could really stand out in a collection.

Unfortunately at 500.00 it's too much for someone just interested in the aesthetics of the piece.

$500 for a 1/6 scale???

sweet-brown.jpg

Last edited:
After the love, here comes the hate. At this price tag they better deliver a figure of perfect quality.

it may not be SSC's fault really. The cost of production from the factories overseas have increased too.

This is probably true. I've produced collectible resin figures and I know the cost it's quite elevated. In silicone molds alone I spent over $300 and this is a blank figure with no articulation and barely about 11" tall (and I didn't throw the cost of resin in there). So, yeah, it can get expensive and I know the cost has gone up everywhere for manufacturing but they could have found a more cost effective ways to cater to the mid to lower spectrum of the collectible market. The price comparison made with the HT 1/4 scale Endo as well as the one with NECA is a perfect example.
It is a beautiful figure and does have a complex design but the price is a dream breaker for many. Hope does who can get it will share some great pics.

Tom

Back