Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is a steep price. Super complex piece with hopefully perfect quality control. As someone already pointed out, the advantage of cheaper labor overseas is becoming a thing of the past. But this thing is a once in a lifetime. I'm in. FLEXPAY baby!!

hmmm... the trouble is I want Raynor AND Tychus... now...

I'll have to think about this. May have to burn some reward points.

Wow, it looks like 280 was well off the mark. :lol

I guess I can still swing this, but Tychus at the same price probably won't be an option. :monkey2

null_zpsad607b68.jpg

Lets keep in mind they are going to get 2 releases out of this body based on the pic (edited based on next post by Deadleaves)
525 pieces
524 of get to be reused for every release.
Then again I'm using logic and reason. Something that seems to be escaping this hobby. Between this and the honey trap line I think I am just officially priced out. I can't see the value if msrp is set at aftermarket prices.
I will enjoy this from afar and look forward to in hand pics.

This is comparable to Iron Monger although seems to be a bit more complex with more lights. I'm not sure how popular StarCraft is, but hopefully this does well so we'll see more ambitious figures from Sideshow.

I dont remember seeing that sniperrifle in the game, is it in the games?

Yes, he uses it in the final mission of Wings of Liberty.

525 parts... is this thing motorized dor something?

It's posable, with lots of different armor plates and machinery.

This is comparable to Iron Monger although seems to be a bit more complex with more lights. I'm not sure how popular StarCraft is, but hopefully this does well so we'll see more ambitious figures from Sideshow.

Starcraft is really popular, but I don't know that the Starcraft fans have heard about this figure, Sideshow needs to make sure they get it out to gaming outlets to let people who might be interested know about it. There's probably people who would buy it that don't normally collect figures.

Well, i absolutely love it, but at this price point, i'm out. If finances were in better shape, i'd probably go for it, but it's more than a pf, and i've had to skip many of those lately. I will just have to wait and live vicariously through pics posted here whan he comes out.

yup... WAAY too much for me. Been Lurking, but I can't do it.

Now....

If it Was Arthas......

That might happen...

( also worth noting Arthas would likely be 200-250$ cheaper

It's really cool to see Sideshow getting more adventurous.

I know a lot of folks have been down on them lately, talking about downsizing and whatnot, I notice "The Man with No Pants" hasn't been seen in a while. . . but, I digress. . . really cool looking figure.

Starcraft is really popular, but I don't know that the Starcraft fans have heard about this figure, Sideshow needs to make sure they get it out to gaming outlets to let people who might be interested know about it. There's probably people who would buy it that don't normally collect figures.

I could see this doing really well in Asia.

Haha oh wow...

I hope people can be rational and don't just jump on this or it might give Hot Toy some ideas....:slap (you mean we can charge MORE??@!)

Who's to say the next Ironman figure isn't going to hit the $400-$500 mark? But look! It has six hundred gazillion parts in it!!! Oh, well then that's reasonable I guess. Here's my money :cuckoo: I hope this is not the new norm

Selling some from the blizzard store would be a good start.

This figure is awesome. If the finalized product can look like the prototype, then it is definetly an AMAZING figure.

One of the most complicated, and ambitious 1/6 Sideshow figures ever made. The level of details is almost upto HT standards, like with Iron Monger or Mark I, or 3A's Real Steel figures.

Good job Sideshow !!

With that said.... USD$500 ??

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really cool to see Sideshow getting more adventurous.

I know a lot of folks have been down on them lately, talking about downsizing and whatnot, I notice "The Man with No Pants" hasn't been seen in a while. . . but, I digress. . . really cool looking figure.

Scott Klauder no longer works for sideshow. he's with quantom mechanix now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back