Sideshow 1/6 Starcraft Raynor Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHOAH $500?!! That's way out of my budget i guess im out too! Hahahaha! it's more expensive than the upcoming ps4 what the heck?!

Check how much you would have to spend if you want to buy the Tychus Findlay statue. Now this is a a pretty impressive and complex figure to produce. It's huge, articulated + lights.
I agree the price is higher than expected but it might be worst on evilbay. Better grab it now...or there's still the DC direct SC II line.

Re: Sideshow 1/6 Tychus Figure

Diablo II would be a dream...

:lecture ..... shhh sideshow might hear you! But would be awesome! :rock

I'll more then likely buy this and tychus and kerrigan statue. These guys are 15" tall and a heck of alot thicker then normal 1/6th figs.

Like Darklord Dave said... this is more a comparison to Iron Monger then a normal $200 1/6th fig.

You mean Korea, Korea as in South Korea.

But at $500 point it's not too bad, if you look at Medicom's 1/6 MA.K which should be around the same size & weight. But Medicom 1/6 cost $1000 and the figure can be detached from the armor and comes with lights.

I believe they are doing the Snow man which is also that expensive.

I could see this doing really well in Asia.

True. But there will be far more produced of those than there will be of this.

The PS4 is also sold at a considerable loss, just as the PS3 and 360 were as well. The hope is to regain those losses through royalties from software sales.

The PS4 also requires no hand assembly or paint.

You mean Korea, Korea as in South Korea.

But at $500 point it's not too bad, if you look at Medicom's 1/6 MA.K which should be around the same size & weight. But Medicom 1/6 cost $1000 and the figure can be detached from the armor and comes with lights.

I believe they are doing the Snow man which is also that expensive.

Haha ya I should have been more specific.

Yup buzz killed! I really wanted this piece...would have bought it for $400 or less but at $500 plus $20 for shipping. It's just a lot for a 1/6 figure...if it were a 1/4 statue I may have considered the price point. I guess the positive is that I can buy Queen of the Dead PF now without worry :)

While I'm a bit surprised at how much it is, I'm not that surprised and I'll still be getting it. I don't purchase many high end figures because I need to really love everything about them- the property, the character, the design, etc. This is my favorite character in my favorite outfit from my favorite game series of all time. It's a no brainer.

Granted, this is my first figure purchase in several years, so maybe that has something to do with my enthusiasm. That said, for those of you who purchase frequently with large collections- what's so different about spending 500 here vs 500 on 2 smaller, simpler figures?

I'm still in. Expensive? YES. Awesome? YES.
God Bless Flexpay.

Indeed. I have been waiting for this piece for quite some time and I am all bricked up over the full reveal. I really love how it turned out and can't wait to PO this figure. :rock

:lol

I agree. Flex pay is awesome and it really comes in handy for those expensive pieces.

Flex Pay is the way to go with this piece imo. Day one order for me!

:lecture ..... shhh sideshow might hear you! But would be awesome! :rock

I'll more then likely buy this and tychus and kerrigan statue. These guys are 15" tall and a heck of alot thicker then normal 1/6th figs.

Like Darklord Dave said... this is more a comparison to Iron Monger then a normal $200 1/6th fig.

Bingo. This figure is on a whole new level compared to other 1/6 figures. It was bound to be expensive. Anyone expecting $200 or even $300 was not being realistic. Standard HT figures are now averaging $250 to put it perspective.

Last edited:
what bothers me is that Kerrigan is a 1/5th scale statue and these are 1/6.

Couldn't they have made this figure 1/5th scale so it could be posed with Kerrigan?

I guess me thinking this was going to be within my budget's reach was a delusional pipe dream. No way could I spend $500 on this thing.

Granted, this is my first figure purchase in several years, so maybe that has something to do with my enthusiasm. That said, for those of you who purchase frequently with large collections- what's so different about spending 500 here vs 500 on 2 smaller, simpler figures?

Difference would be I can still add 2 statues that I really want to my collection for close to the same price...but to each his own... I may jump on the hype bandwagon since Starcraft has been one of my fav games... Plus I would hate to miss out if they released a Hydralisk or a Zealot and I didn't have my Marine to go with it lol...it will be a last minute decision I guess...still wish the price was at $300-$400 but I have no control over that :thud:

Back