Sideshow 1/6 ROTLA Indiana Jones Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does look better.

Odd that the web belt there looks OD green/tan...when we know they fixed the belt to the proper brown color.

Also odd are the brass rivets on the top and bottom of the jacket zipper area. What the heck are those for? To hold the zipper in place?

Aren't those snaps to keep the jacket closed?

It's a bummer the paint is wishywashy but either way I'm going to be repainting mine. I can't wait to weather him all proper too.

I don't want to repaint the head, the hat I might, and I'm comfy with that. Of everything I tried repainting myself, my Medicom Jack Sparrow hat's the best, and it looks really nice, quite easy to weather and even get fine details right.

I just can't wait to take Indy pictures, should be a lot of fun, whip cracking, gun slinging, whip swinging. Adventure Photography Has A New Name :D

I don't want to repaint the head, the hat I might, and I'm comfy with that. Of everything I tried repainting myself, my Medicom Jack Sparrow hat's the best, and it looks really nice, quite easy to weather and even get fine details right.

I just can't wait to take Indy pictures, should be a lot of fun, whip cracking, gun slinging, whip swinging. Adventure Photography Has A New Name :D

Yeah, I can't wait to see your shots of Indy.

Aren't those snaps to keep the jacket closed?

And I just noticed I'm dead wrong about the little brass buttons being snaps. I have no idea what those are.:confused:

I don't think I've ever been so misunderstood or misinterpreted in my history of using the internet. I don't dislike the figure. I was critiquing one element of it: the jacket. No big deal. I don't find it offensive at all. The only thing I find offensive is your reply which is completely off-base. After reading your reply to my post as well as Agent 5's if anyone needs to take a deep breath it's you. As you so eloquently stated, it's only a toy.

I think we've moved on...

I never really took any notice of Indys hat before, but in that pic by noisetrigger it has a little bow on it. ah how cute. :lol

Thenammagazine, You're absolutely right and the rest of us are just dead wrong. Sorry for voicing my opinion on the figure. What was I thiniking? And here I thought this was a forum where we were free to discuss such things. I'm sure I went about it all wrong.

Let me clear this up. The storm flap is not a dance :banana (or maybe it is), it's the small strip covering the zipper. There is one seam (storm flap seam) which runs down the length of the jacket. As you can see the prototype got it right and does not have the snap on top and bottom as it is on the original Raiders jacket. I assume, assuming I can assume here, that if you remove them you will have a hole in the jacket? If so, I don't want holes in the jacket. I'm sure even the most hardened Sideshow supporter can understand that.

The prototype also got the color of the web belt wrong. The web belt color shown was the light brown/tan used only on the Last Crusade and Crystal Skull costumes. Raiders and Temple of Doom had a darker, chocolate brown web belt. I wonder if this was changed but from the pics posted it appears it was not.

Now, please understand that I understand that most of you don't care about any of these details and being as clear as I was before, I think that's just fine that you don't. I'm only speaking for myself, just putting it out there and keeping it real. This IS supposed to be a "Raiders" figure, yet it is truly not when you get down to the details that I understand a good portion of you aren't familiar with and probably don't care to know. Cool with me.

I just don't know how to be any more clear on my stance. If you want to hate me because of it, well...you're just a bit more passionate than I am, I guess.

And just so those that don't know me don't think I'm full of b.s., here is my Indy costume which (all but the hat) was made by the same people who worked on the film. I didn't mean to come in here and stir up the pot. I thought an honest opinion would be well received since I think I've earned my degree in Indygear. I'm not just voicing my opinions to tick people off.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99667814@N00/sets/72057594111583102/show/

Last edited:
OH, so that's what a storm flap is.
I didn't even know it had a name.

And it's sort of interesting to know these small details, although I'm pretty sure the reason why it's called a "Raider's" version was because it doesn't include a tie or a ripped shirt.

:D You guys....

Let's hope SS posts the prod pics this Thursday.

Indy should start shipping next week.

Yes! I heard they should be in the SSC Warehouse next week, so if they start shipping these out, say Thursday, some of us in Cali will have it Friday. :rock :gun

I'll quote Harrison Ford with Conan O'Brien "Who gives a Shi...!"
Check this out:

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="https://www.hulu.com/embed/9yonBqu_LFsnCo19Q6yCww"></param><embed src="https://www.hulu.com/embed/9yonBqu_LFsnCo19Q6yCww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'll quote Harrison Ford with Conan O'Brien "Who gives a Shi...!"
Check this out:

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="https://www.hulu.com/embed/9yonBqu_LFsnCo19Q6yCww"></param><embed src="https://www.hulu.com/embed/9yonBqu_LFsnCo19Q6yCww" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

...and there you have it. :rotfl Although people would argue, "what's more disturbing? The fact that he clearly doesn't? Or that people actually do?" So for the sake of argument, or rather lack thereof, I suggest we all just agree to disagree. :rolleyes: But then again, there's always this:

indysbiggestfan.jpg

Yes! I heard they should be in the SSC Warehouse next week, so if they start shipping these out, say Thursday, some of us in Cali will have it Friday. :rock :gun

I'm very, very new to SSC 1/6 so why would California get their's first?
And do you mean this Friday or the next?

I'm very, very new to SSC 1/6 so why would California get their's first?
And do you mean this Friday or the next?

Because SSC is near L.A. Guys who live here in L.A. will get theirs the next day after they are shipped. Hopefully by next Friday.

Based on what the e-mail notice said they should be in the warehouse by next Tuesday if not a little sooner. Its very possible some of us will have them by next weekend or by Thanksgiving.

Back