Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In this video at 2.34 you can see that this proto still has R2's opening doors. So not sure whether Sideshow will keep that feature rather than glue them all shut:

In this video at 2.34 you can see that this proto still has R2's opening doors. So not sure whether Sideshow will keep that feature rather than glue them all shut.

As I understand it, they won't be glued shut. Which is cool, because if you have an Artoo, you can plug Artoo's various tools into your R5-D4. If you're into that sort of thing...

As I understand it, they won't be glued shut. Which is cool, because if you have an Artoo, you can plug Artoo's various tools into your R5-D4. If you're into that sort of thing...

That would be a cool extra feature. :)

Looking at these it's the first time I've noticed the 'crystal' patterns below his head.

16555538643_f74a19f233_o.png
Those were small round peel-n-stick 'space tape' stickers that they sold at dime stores in the 70's. So far, it looks like they reproduced the effect pretty well.

Last edited:
Those were small round peel-n-stick 'space tape' stickers that they sold at dime stores in the 70's. So far, SS looks like they reproduced the effect pretty well.

I loved the Kenner figure as a little kid, but that screen accurate groovy space hologram tape is butt ugly and kitschy. Screen accurate! But fugly.

I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but I saw this today. Some of the scrap in the background looks familiar. SS might be messing around with a moisture vaporator environment.

Attachments

• R5-D4.jpg
    R5-D4.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 338
Last edited:
I'm not sure if this has been posted here yet, but I saw this today. Some of the scrap in the background looks familiar. SS might be messing around with a moisture vaporator environment.

Nice find. I would say that's about 85-90% of the actual thing in the picture so it seems very likely. It's a simple enough design but enhances any Tatooine figures displayed with it many times.

It will be big though if they build it in true scale, 92 cm/36 inch tall and 21 cm/8 inch wide.

I loved the Kenner figure as a little kid, but that screen accurate groovy space hologram tape is butt ugly and kitschy. Screen accurate! But fugly.
Nah. It's retro chic - AND screen accurate. :duff

I'd consider this little guy, but based on what their R2-D2 is - a fragile paper lantern, I'll wait for someone like Tamashii to have a crack at it.

The picture is a bit cut off - open the image and the vaporator is off on the far right.

I can see the Vaporator - images don't ever get cut off with my customized forum theme. :)

Though I doubt it's something Sideshow will be selling - like so many other parts in their photo shoots, more than likely just a one-off. Solo_Bones long ago posted a great thread about his custom-built vaporator if anyone is interested in making their own.

Back