Sideshow 1/6 R5-D4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe sideshow will do a new version since hot toys will come out with one like with r2.im really kicking myself for not buying one.

This is where I'm at with the wheels. The wheels look slightly bigger or slightly smaller depending on the ref pic angle and lighting so I went for a size that's somewhere in the middle. These are just 1/3 wheel segments that have a little plastic fin that slides into the gap alongside the existing roller wheels. So they stay in but it doesn't require glue or destroying the under-foot area. What's good is that it raises R5 to the height he is for his active scenes of rolling out and blowing his top.

I'm still thinking about modding the middle leg as it's not supposed to have the regular third leg detailing - more just a smooth look - but every other form of R5 (Imperial, Hoth base etc) do have the R2 type detailing, so I'm probably okay leaving it be. It seems like it was intended to have the detailing, but they must have had to use a simpler version for practical reasons. I may paint that silver/blue pipe on the third leg white though.

That super-bright look to the blue in the screencap is just the CGI color change they did.

pk5Mj6c.jpg

That looks fantastic! From the comparison I'd say your R5 is raised up just a hair too much, but it's still really close. Where did you find those wheels?

And yeah I never noticed that before with the middle leg. Think it's probably something I could live with myself though.

Maybe sideshow will do a new version since hot toys will come out with one like with r2.im really kicking myself for not buying one.

I think sideshows days of 1/6 are over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow. Checked Popcultcha about an hour ago and ran a quick search for R5, as they've been putting old stock they must've found in the warehouse back on the site. No luck.
Accidentally clicked on the site 5 minutes ago, and who's on the front page? Random win of the day.

Popcultcha still have a good amount of Sideshow 1/6 stock left. Might bite on the Scout Trooper one of these days.

Popcultcha still have a good amount of Sideshow 1/6 stock left. Might bite on the Scout Trooper one of these days.

Including two-packs, PC has almost TWENTY HT sequel trilogy troopers in stock. You would think you'd clearance that stuff long ago. They must have eye-rolled when HT previewed another trooper for TROS. At least it's red I guess.

I?ve never ordered from them before. Is the price on their site the US price or before conversion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back