Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Finally.....a bit of a lightweight, but looking gooooood!!!

That is fantastic work, the perfect diorama for the droids and rebel fleet troopers et al. You could make some coin selling these. I have a Tantive IV type diorama that my friend made, which actually lights up, but yours has some very nice details that make it look almost like the real thing. I currently have Vader choking Captain Antilles on the dio but I should change it up with the droids and take some new pics. Thanks for the inspiration and would love to see you re-create other locations. I still want to make the escape pod and bury it in sand for a Tatooine diorama for my Sandtroopers & Dewback.

Kamandi's R2 and Dutchman's display are trying to make me buy R2. :mad:

Just buy the plastic can.... won't regret it....I didn't

It could be rationalized this way:

1. Eliminate Star Wars figures in all other scales (not hard, I don't have much).
2. Have only one element from each OT film.

As such, it would satisfy my requirements of minimalism with only three sets. I could do it with 4-5 items. Not bad for a property known for taking over people's homes and bank accounts.

I would display R2 with one or two sandtroopers. Good visual summary of ANH.

Of course, that would mean I'd have to either kit-bash* sandtroopers (again) or wait for a HT sandtrooper release.

I've heard that it is the way of things. The way of one-sixth.

Did you mod yours, Dutchman?

*If I had to do it all over again, I'd do full repaints instead of just weathering.

Back