Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be rationalized this way:

1. Eliminate Star Wars figures in all other scales (not hard, I don't have much).
2. Have only one element from each OT film.

As such, it would satisfy my requirements of minimalism with only three sets. I could do it with 4-5 items. Not bad for a property known for taking over people's homes and bank accounts.

I would display R2 with one or two sandtroopers. Good visual summary of ANH.

Of course, that would mean I'd have to either kit-bash* sandtroopers (again) or wait for a HT sandtrooper release.

I've heard that it is the way of things. The way of one-sixth.

Did you mod yours, Dutchman?

*If I had to do it all over again, I'd do full repaints instead of just weathering.

No mod....straight outta the box....

Nice repaint over on Rebel Scum forum by member Toru_Komuru
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428560500.775373.jpg

Looks great, but that would have been a huge amount of work. Sheen on dome looks very metal.

View attachment 178174

Honestly, I think the original one on the left looks better. The repainted version looks very.. painted. Hats off to him for doing that amount of work though. The silver on the dome is nice. Not really more accurate than stock though, somewhere in between would be nice.

It looks like he also sanded the seams on the dome. Very nice work. A good cleaned up R2 is always cool. I like mine dirty. At least that's what she said. LOL

How dirty do you like it? Some like it absolutely filthy, both gritty and slimy, smelling a little musty.

r2d2shot.jpg

View attachment 178174

The stock R2 on the left's blue parts are much lighter in this pic than they are in hand, so the repaint blue must be almost black in hand. I do really like the look of the repaint as it appears in the pic though. In the pic, it looks very screen accurate.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I've got 3 r2d2's
muddy,slightly weathered and a clean r2d2
I must admit the clean one just doesn't look right

Back