Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys will do it. One thing about theirs I can't wait for is it'll be heavier, diecast dome I'm sure. This Artoo looks great but it's pretty cheap honestly.

And when you wheel him around he'll leave little gold nuggets in his wake.

So i've had the drink tray on R2 since friday, and it looks like it may be wanting to sag, anyone else experiencing this. Also tried some of the arms in the compartments, they feel like a really tight fit, maybe too much paint on the arms has created this. Was worried that the arm would just snap before i got it in there.
This can be a very nerve-racking figure to pose, i know that i'll be really pissed if i break something on R2, but it's only a matter of time i'd say....View attachment 165026

is that a Hasbro chewie in the back ground I see there

Wow. Total disaster. Top pipe inside the head, no way to get it out. Lights don't work (yes, I removed the head and switched it on - touch pad unresponsive.) Back in the box it goes.:dunno

you took the plastic tab out as well I assume

Yup.

And re: the pipe thing, I saw some other people had it arrive rolling around inside the head as well. Just looks like totally pulling apart the head would be the only way to get it out. Even then, I'm assuming it isn't just held in place by a rubber ring - it would have to be glued.

You may need to remove and re-insert the batteries as well.

Yup. Did that too. I thought about opening the head (thought I might be able to fish out that loose top pipe rolling around in there also) but then I remembered I knew nothing about electronics whatsoever.:slap

Totally bummed - haven't had a dud before. Weird to go from opening box excitement to rapid realization of dud.

As long as you know how to remove and reinsert a screw I think you'll be OK opening the head to fish out the projector. ;)

Yup.

And re: the pipe thing, I saw some other people had it arrive rolling around inside the head as well. Just looks like totally pulling apart the head would be the only way to get it out. Even then, I'm assuming it isn't just held in place by a rubber ring - it would have to be glued.
what`s the tub look like that your referring to any pics of it

Mine has just been delivered by FedEX & it's damaged. :( Now the pain in the butt of getting a replacement sorted out, not overly happy right now to be honest. :(

In all the excitement of getting the Stormtroopers this morning, forgot to post pics of this guy. Also turned up today

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423494647.332085.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1423494657.885385.jpg

I had the same issue with the top projector when I opened mine. Fell out of the hole in the dome and it was loose in the dome. I contacted SS customer service with pictures and they said that they would contact me back about a replacement but that was mid last week and so far nothing.

I bit the bullet this weekend and unscrewed the three screws on the bottom enclosure of the dome. Then took a plastic "spudger" tool (used for computer/electronics repair and is soft enough plastic as to not scratch, gouge or mark up the plastic) and pried it open. That was the tough part at first because It would not just pop out. I thought it might be put in with glue as well as the screws but this was not the case. Just really in there tight. If you do this, be careful of the electronics components around the edges as you pry it. When inside I could see that the projector was originally held in with a tiny bit of glue (there was a glue spot on the paint of the little silver plastic casing that held the projector and the black rubber gasket). I put the smallest dab of gorilla glue on the exact same place where they had the glue originally, positioned it back in place (it fits in one way only, and fits perfectly that way), waited 5 minutes for the glue to dry and put everything back together. It is perfect now. If you have this same issue I highly recommend just fixing it yourself. It was incredibly easy and saves the hassle of a new dome and (supposedly according to some on this board) having to destroy the old dome and send photos.

I am wondering if the experts here think I can fix these two blemishes with a watered down alcohol? Fingerprint on dome and rub on touch panel.
20150207_175421_zpsawulvrur.jpg

Also tried some of the arms in the compartments, they feel like a really tight fit, maybe too much paint on the arms has created this. Was worried that the arm would just snap before i got it in there.
I find for the two long panels the arms fit in loosely but the one arm/panel in your picture I have the same experience--it's super tight and it squeaks taking it out.

Wow. Total disaster. Top pipe inside the head, no way to get it out. Lights don't work (yes, I removed the head and switched it on - touch pad unresponsive.) Back in the box it goes.:dunno

Try messing with the batteries. I had to take mine out and put them back in (tried both directions) before it started working.
EDIT: saw that you tried this already. Sucks that you got a dud.

Just having some fun. These pics aren't as good as some others, but overall I'm liking the 'figure.' I have my gripes, but overall, it's nice.

037.jpg

045.jpg

Looks great man... it would be easy to confuse that with a promo image from a film.

Back