Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wookiepedia info is not movie accurate for R2 nor 3PO. Safe to ignore.

6.75 is going to be a little bit short next to the 11.5" Tamashii 3PO - a 7" R2 would be the correct ratio. At 6.75" this R2 would need an 11" 3PO for a better ratio.

I'll wait until the fall to order. There's no way I'm burning reward points on a pre-order.

Pixelpiper said:
Honestly, I don't care how many little arms he comes with, to me, in terms of value proposition, this size figure should be maxing out under $150.

Last edited:
I hope Sideshow continues using this type of graphic for all their figures, including Hot Toys. It's nice to see everything that's included laid out like this.

2asa4u9e.jpg

Ordered
Looking forward to putting him with Luke. I know we are getting Hoth Luke but wish it was X Wing Luke we were getting first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can almost guarantee that people are going to be (very) disappointed at the scale when this guy is in-hand. The Hasbro R2 is just a tiny bit taller than 6.25" making this one just under .5" taller. He really needed to be 7" or taller. The SSC version will also be only about 1/8" wider at the feet if that's where they measured his width. I have no idea how they would have measured "length" from their specs.

Here comes the rain again
on our parade. Lol
Messing with you pp but this doesn't bother me. Fine if it's 6.7599765678

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered. It's priced perfectly which is good to see but I fear they'll get us when they eventually do a 3PO. :lol Knowing most of us will pick it up to go along with this.

Here comes the rain again

It'll be fine with 3PO if they make him 11" - but Sideshow's scale across the line seems to be all over the place. I suppose it's as easy to get it wrong as it is to get it right. ;)

It's priced perfectly which is good to see but I fear they'll get us when they eventually do a 3PO. :lol Knowing most of us will pick it up to go along with this.

3PO would probably also be $150 or less. Anyone else think they'll show him at SDCC?

Wow shocked by the price! My wife's getting him for me as my birthday gift. Which happens to be in December when he comes out. :yess:

I can almost guarantee that people are going to be (very) disappointed at the scale when this guy is in-hand. The Hasbro R2 is just a tiny bit taller than 6.25" making this one just under .5" taller. He really needed to be 7" or taller. The SSC version will also be only about 1/8" wider at the feet if that's where they measured his width. I have no idea how they would have measured "length" from their specs.

It is hard to measure properly but the Taito R2 is 7.25" high and about 4.5" wide. That scale what seems to be the most accurate. The sideshow R2 should be accurate to the Tamashii 3po because they collaborated, and the scale for the 3po was painstakingly created.

That being said... I am absolutely ordering this haha. While the Taito R2 makes a nice stand in, the paint apps and extra arms will be spectacular.

Ordered R2 and Phase 2 Rex this morning. Really looking forward to Dec / Jan....barring any SSC delays of course.

Sent from atop my Dewback

Looks like 4th quarter of 2014 is going to be an expensive one for us Star Wars fans. Its been a great year for SW though. $150 is good, I was tempted to just break out the RP and get this for like $30 but I think Ill save those for something more pricey.

Just hope the scale is right.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back