Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys! Happy to get some shots posted finally. So far other than the leather wrap, slight marks on the neck and cosplay unhelmeted sculpt this turned out great. I?m actually really impressed by the hands too. Well scaled and nicely painted. Couple more pics but more to come later when I get some custom stands done for him.

E3F73A00-C31F-418D-AAB2-1B48AA3149D5.jpeg

CE86205E-FAF2-4230-9C00-75876C937EBC.jpeg

He looks awesome! Great shots.

After seeing him properly posed and futzed, might not need to do a body swap.

Thanks for sharing.

I really still love what I'm seeing, of course not needing the extra headsculpt makes it somewhat more expensive than needed but I really 'need' this figure in my Jabba's Palace setup and for that it looks excellent!

He simply looks awesome on the shelf. I?m a bit biased though since this is a grail figure for me.

A word of warning: the large, leather wrap on his stomach is already beginning to crack on mine at the small straps and appears to be very fragile in general. I don?t think it?s going to last long especially if you like changing up the pose often. And the leather armor straps are leaving black marks on the neck.

The helmet is great and after posing his head properly with the helmeted sculpt I have no intention of spending any extra money on a different body. I think he looks fine as is.

Awesome pics, Coco - my enthusiasm for the fig has never really been dimmed but these pics really prove how nice it is.

And you mean the pleather is literally cracking/disintegrating? And just on the small straps or on the fat cumberbund band itself as well? I've never heard of that happening on such a newly produced figure. I wonder if the loincloth, armor straps and holster will also be an issue. Judging by the grain they all seem to be a similar pleather.

Awesome pics, Coco - my enthusiasm for the fig has never really been dimmed but these pics really prove how nice it is.

And you mean the pleather is literally cracking/disintegrating? And just on the small straps or on the fat cumberbund band itself as well? I've never heard of that happening on such a newly produced figure. I wonder if the loincloth, armor straps and holster will also be an issue. Judging by the grain they all seem to be a similar pleather.

Yes, the pleather on the cummerbund is EXTREMELY fragile. The leather like finish is so incredibly thin that as I tucked the loose ends back into the belt they began to split on the surface like it was 10 years old. And if you zoom in on the pic you’ll notice a very slight scratch in the front of the cummerbund. That was caused by my carpenter rough fingers. So fragile. I was able to smooth is over so it wasn’t as obvious in the pics but I’m being extra careful as I pose it.

So far the other pleather pieces don’t seem as delicate.

I can tell Sideshow is using their latest body that they've been trotting around for a while by the strange horizontal marks on the neck, pretty sure they introduced the body with their ill-fated Nathan Drake figure, and subsequently used on TOD Indy, Snake Plissken, Mythos Obi, and others. I actually like the body, but still so bizarre about the horizontal lines. Are they wrinkles?

Anyhow, great pics, Coco. For some reason I haven't ordered this yet, but it looks great. Need it to go with Jabba.

Thank you for posting pictures Coco...this is deffo swaying me to want this figure (need the figure) for my Jabba set up. Sad to hear that the pleather is so fragile; this is rather unacceptable for a new figure at the cost they are charging...

Thank you again, guys! My pleasure. If there’s anything specific you’d like a shot of let me know.

And hopefully the pleather problem isn’t widespread but I can’t imagine it would vary from figure to figure. So far no other bits seem to be so fragile.

Thanks, guys! Happy to get some shots posted finally. So far other than the leather wrap, slight marks on the neck and cosplay unhelmeted sculpt this turned out great. I?m actually really impressed by the hands too. Well scaled and nicely painted. Couple more pics but more to come later when I get some custom stands done for him.

View attachment 502156

View attachment 502159
Great pics Coco! :clap These really show off the figure. This guy looks pretty dang good especially if you're not a stickler for accuracy.
I can tell Sideshow is using their latest body that they've been trotting around for a while by the strange horizontal marks on the neck, pretty sure they introduced the body with their ill-fated Nathan Drake figure, and subsequently used on TOD Indy, Snake Plissken, Mythos Obi, and others. I actually like the body, but still so bizarre about the horizontal lines. Are they wrinkles?

Yup this was my thoughts as well. It's also the same chest/torso they use for their recent Superman, Batman, Magneto, etc which is just way too big for someone of Lando's build. They should've used the skinnier body from Luke or Darth Maul.

Thanks for posting! Is your leatherwork seeming fragile or easily cracked?

I still think the head might be able to be salvaged a little by widening it - it's never going to be great but hopefully it can be tweaked to make it usable.

This may sound strange but I'll have to look at the details when I take my contracts out. I can't see small details up close when I have them in.
I'll have to get back to you on your question about the leather parts.

This figure looks good especially with the helmeted head on which is probably the way everyone is going to display it anyway.

A couple quickies outa the box. I still am not thrilled with the armor paint apps but overall he looks really good on the shelf. The non helmet sculpt is useless to me but the helmeted sculpt is awesome.

View attachment 502146

View attachment 502147

View attachment 502148

Thanks for the pics. Where Sideshow EVER got the idea to use those horrible white strings on the shoulders is beyond me. Who is running SS anymore on the QC side and who in LFL Licensing ever let this get out this way? The first thing I'm swapping out when I get mine on the 30th.

55555555.jpg

5555.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Where Sideshow EVER got the idea to use those horrible white strings on the shoulders is beyond me. Who is running SS anymore on the QC side and who in LFL Licensing ever let this get out this way? The first thing I'm swapping out when I get mine on the 30th.

View attachment 502265

View attachment 502266

It is pretty lazy by Sideshow, but thankfully a very easy fix. I’m just going to add some Tamiya dirt weathering to mine. That should do the trick��

Back