Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally finished the base. Mixed media: canex insulation base, wood putty with crushed coral sand selectively placed on top.

I also put two WWII flashlights in the sand, one lights up.

Hopefully these arrive soon and they turn out decent. I think they should be alright as they're fairly simple designs and Sideshow can normally deliver on creatures.

Hopefully these arrive soon and they turn out decent. I think they should be alright as they're fairly simple designs and Sideshow can normally deliver on creatures.

I agree. I'm going to hold off getting them for a bit to wait for a bargain, or maybe have it on my Christmas list. But I do want them. It's a nice little set and the robes don't bother me.

SSC has taken a TON of flak lately, and a lot of it deserved -- but I think overall they've matched or exceeded HT on the Star Wars license, taken as a whole.

Not for the prices they're charging now. If they're gonna go toe-to-toe with Hot Toys at price point (and even exceed them at times) then the quality of their products had better damn match them pound for pound. And that's not happening.

A figure like X-Wing Luke would have been much more palatable at $150-$175. $240 for that is outrageous. They're not even close to that level on figures like that yet.

The Gonk link - and site - seems dead?

And yeah - you'd think a gonk would be more like 7" or more in height in 1/6.

These are the pictures and text I found:

gonkjpg.jpg

https://www.modelgeek.com said:
The Gonk Power Droid has been seen in various Star Wars movies. Kit consists of seven parts with rubber tubing to attach to the droid's feet. The kit also has a sound card with actual droid sounds from the Star Wars movie. Robot measures 6” H x 5”L x 4” W (152mm x 127mm x 102mm)

That's Epic Weezer. I agree...those ankles are classy...no cankles there.

Here's my updated Jawa, Exclusive version with light up Ion Blaster:

Where did you get that Gonk kit? I would love to build and paint that one!

Back