Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided not to buy and instead used the money to make my son a Jawa costume! Work in progress: -

Jawa2.jpg

If I get him to stand in the corner without moving, he can be a 1:1 Scale Limited Edition Statue. ;)

Attachments

• 20151026_184800.jpg
    20151026_184800.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 255
Just got notice delayed til May or June on ss

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I decided not to buy and instead used the money to make my son a Jawa costume! Work in progress: -

If I get him to stand in the corner without moving, he can be a 1:1 Scale Limited Edition Statue. ;)

:lol Looks great! ... But he'll need a posse for Halloween :)

It looks nice, but it's quite fragile.. no?

No. Not any more fragile than anything made of plastic at this scale/size.

It would definitely disintegrate if you launched it out of a spaceship toward the surface of a planet however, if that's what you meant.

Sideshow needs to do just weapons/clothing options. I would love to get an Xwing suit for $100 but it aint happening

If I use your logic, then Hot Toys should get the F out of Star Wars because they've yet to put out a consistent run of releases. I mean, Chewy is their best, Stormies their most "accurate" (though no more than others before them) and their humans... Well...

You guys are too much sometimes.

Prob need to wait until Black Friday to try my luck on getting these bad boys at a discount. Prices for sideshow have gone up like 50x inflation rate.

Pixelpiper;8443827[... said:
I mean, Chewy is their best, Stormies their most "accurate" (though no more than others before them) and their humans... Well...

[...]

In spite of being a trooper aficionado, I'd have to give it to Chewbacca for technical achievement; but he needs lightening of the face to bring out his best, something I haven't done as I have yet to decide if I'll keep him or not. Eyes are set too close and mouth could've been better, but overall one hell of a figure.

I think the stormtroopers *are* more accurate than others, if only by a hair in the case of Marmit, signficantly more so than SSC. I'd rank them:

1.Sandtrooper
2.Stormtrooper Disguise Luke
3.Stormtrooper

Strictly in terms of OT.

I like the human sculpts better than you do in a couple of cases, but I agree they have their issues.

Regardless of what one thinks of HT and Sideshow, these Jawas have incredibly accurate weapons & accessories s and totally inaccurate figures and clothing (not including the leather vest). They look a bit like the early Jawas that we created, before the larger robes were requested, only our hoods looked better.

Regardless of what one thinks of HT and Sideshow, these Jawas have incredibly accurate weapons and totally inaccurate figures and clothing (not including the leather vest). They look a bit like the early Jawas that we created, before the larger robes were requested.

SSC usually delivers on awesome weapons and accessories. I don't understand the choice of robe material. :dunno

In spite of being a trooper aficionado, I'd have to give it to Chewbacca for technical achievement; but he needs lightening of the face to bring out his best, something I haven't done as I have yet to decide if I'll keep him or not. Eyes are set too close and mouth could've been better, but overall one hell of a figure.

I think the stormtroopers *are* more accurate than others, if only by a hair in the case of Marmit, signficantly more so than SSC. I'd rank them:

1.Sandtrooper
2.Stormtrooper Disguise Luke
3.Stormtrooper

Strictly in terms of OT.

I like the human sculpts better than you do in a couple of cases, but I agree they have their issues.

Totally agree. I also think sideshow has made some great figures.....a lot of them.

Totally agree. I also think sideshow has made some great figures.....a lot of them.

SSC has taken a TON of flak lately, and a lot of it deserved -- but I think overall they've matched or exceeded HT on the Star Wars license, taken as a whole.

Back