Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to scan the original Jawa photos again - don't recall the fabric parts draped over the shoulders. It looks like the fabric may be different than the proto, which would be great since it was a really odd gauze-like choice originally.

On an unrelated note... Does Ash aso wear his belt like a lady in the movie?

Last edited:
Mystery solved: Found a blurry photo with one of the Jawas on the bottom-right corner from Wondercon - the draped fabric at the back are the tails of the hood which haven't been wrapped around the neck and covered by the back of the hood.

Because the photo is blurry I can't say for sure what kind of fabric is featured on the new samples, but it does look like it's something different than first displayed.

Photo from Collider.com - view in a separate tab/window to see full resolution.

sideshow-collectibles-wondercon-booth-11.jpg

sideshow-collectibles-wondercon-booth-10.jpg

Last edited:
Love the new Jawa material! But really don't like that "wrap around" feature. Hopefully that's not the trade-off for the new material.

Pretty sure it's accurate, though not necessarily the thickness and width - they just need to be wrapped and tucked properly in any case, like on the 1:1 costumes.

I can't say the new fabric is killer until I see the texture :) At least it doesn't look like the original samples.

You can see them in the second photo you posted. They're not supposed to be visible normally, but they have to be there otherwise the hoods wouldn't work the way they do - and wouldn't look the way they look from the front.

You can see the tails on every single Jawa in the two photos I'm posting - except for the one facing the camera and hidden behind the robot.

Last edited:
Let me re-send these photos - the forum's incorrect configuration is down-sampling PNG images FFS.

Here we go, now in JPEG flavor:

Jawa_back1.jpg

jawa_back2.jpg

Last edited:
I think they look better than the first pictures, the robes are surely a different texture?

Let me re-send these photos - the forum's incorrect configuration is down-sampling PNG images FFS.

Here we go, now in JPEG flavor:

View attachment 255044

Oh, I see the little ties there. Be OK if the Sideshow ones were that small I guess rather than the 'shoulder pads' on the display Jawas. Pretty sure they were meant to be hidden.

The fabric might be a little thick/stiff and it looks like they may be double-sided adding thickness and some air-gap. Hopefully a wetting and good ironing can get them flat and manageable - otherwise maybe some fabric removal.

I just saw a video rush-through of the Sideshow booth yesterday and the Jawa fabric looked decent from the little time the figures were in frame. Still couldn't check the texture/weave precisely though.

It looked better in person but unfortunately what they had there still not address the flat black plastic faces and they did not have the eyes lit at the con.

I've got plenty of black faux fur here I can add to the faces, arms and hands as long as the rest is good. :)

Back