Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand the black lining inside the hood, unless is somehow screen accurate.

It is, along with small pieces of black gaffer's tape.:lol

j75chk.png

I'm pretty sure you'll find that many of the Jawas were very different in costuming. About the only thing that's consistent is the choice of robe fabric. The tape was a prop fix to hold the eye gear - I wouldn't want it on a figure, because Jawas are not human children wearing electronic eyes, any more than R2 is a shell with a small person inside it. ;)

Also, using LEDs, one for each eye at 1/6 would be a mistake, they'd be way too bright. The solution is eye lenses with an LED inside the head - this way the eyes light up in a diffuse manner and you don't get eye projections on the other side of your room.

Last edited:
Also, using LEDs, one for each eye at 1/6 would be a mistake, they'd be way too bright. The solution is eye lenses with an LED inside the head - this way the eyes light up in a diffuse manner and you don't get eye projections on the other side of your room.
Yeah, actually that sounds like the go.

IMO, Jawas don't wear gloves. The actors do, but what we see on screen are supposed to be the creature's hands as far as I'm aware - which is why they have fur. :)

My idea for a custom also uses fur on the face and legs.

jawa3.jpgjawabehindthreepio.gifJawa4.jpgstar wars 5.jpg

I think they do look pretty cool, my only gripe would be the hard plastic look to the face/head inside the robe. I would rather a fabric "ski mask" over it with eye holes cut or something, it just breaks the illusion because it reflects light back instead of it looking dark and mysterious under the hood. It reminded of an old plastic Orko from MOTU for a second on one of the above pictures. I suppose some matte black paint would help a bit but I hope they go for a better solution.

Already adjusted Travis. Faceplate will have some texture to it.

In person the fabric looked very thick... so hopefully it's something that can be futzed, or in production they get something a bit thinner. Overally they looked really good and I like that it's two different sizes and they have different robes. Hopefully they'll fit in well with my two customized Hasbro Jawa's and the Medicom one.

Hi GalacticBoy - will take some futzing. These have inner robes as well so with some proper adjusting, the look you are after should be achieved. When the gallery goes up, they will likely be properly futzed - will be the same ones shown at the show so you'll be able to make a better determination.

Back