1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know I was thinking that there are so many great pictures of this figure on here especially full body shots. Thought it might be cool to highlight the craftsmanship of the figure with some nice closeup shots of the face and other parts of Indy's outfit. This is also one of the very few figures I feel actually takes nice pictures with the camera flash lol. Hope you guys enjoy:

IMG_7293.jpg
IMG_7301.jpg
IMG_7304.jpg
IMG_7311.jpg
IMG_7312.jpg
IMG_7321.jpg
IMG_7323.jpg
IMG_7326.jpg
IMG_7329.jpg
IMG_7328.jpg
IMG_7333.jpg
IMG_7334.jpg
IMG_7336.jpg
IMG_7338.jpg
IMG_7340.jpg
IMG_7341.jpg
IMG_7343.jpg
IMG_7344.jpg
IMG_7346.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures lol

It may not get every detail right, but the HT jacket it still a really nice one and there are a lot like me who are perfectly happy with it. And it definitely looks better than the Medicom one.

I agree. These are pics I posted a while ago in this thread but anyways here us SS TOD with the HT Jacket. I really like the look

View attachment 257456
View attachment 257457

Thanks fellas. It REALLY does look awesome with the jacket. Well, guess I gotta eBay this damn thing.

I agree. These are pics I posted a while ago in this thread but anyways here us SS TOD with the HT Jacket. I really like the look

View attachment 257457

I do really like that "end of TOD look" with the jacket.

Incidentally, I really wish more figures came with hands like the right one there. It's a really great one for action poses, or even just standing still ready for action, but they hardly ever get included for some reason (although I know this one was probably only made to hold the Sankara Stone).

I heard back from Sideshow and they offered me a credit to my account for my next purchase. I’m okay with that. They did send me two different replacement bodies so at least they tried. So I took the two bodies apart and I found that the jiggly arm does indeed mean a truly broken joint. I’m using robbiethepainter’s photo that he took to illustrate:

It looks like the peg was partly glued while assembling the torso or they tried to glue it back on at the factory or the plastic is crumbling.
cOLMhII.jpg

It’s pretty much how he described it. That swivel point for the shoulder was accidentally glued in place and then caused the whole joint to break probably when the arm was tested at the factory. It’s not that obvious a break since it’s all held together with the rubber chest covering, so the only clue is that the shoulder is a little loose in varying degrees. One of the bodies only had one arm broken, but the other one had both arms broken. The one that had only one arm broken, the other shoulder joint works great. That swivel point is nice a tight and it’s actually very impressive engineering.

I couldn't really track down or afford the hat that came with him, so I just used the kotcs hat, and ground out its insides.

Back