1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe all the haters out there. I think this figure is one of the best from SS and arguably the BEST 1/6 Indy out of the box. My only real nit is the bag strap. It's like something from a Mattel figure with that stitching and oversized, "gold" plastic, buckle. Easily fixed with a $20 bag strap from MFisher of course.

I received this Indy around the same time I received most of my HT Star Wars figures. The Star Wars figures went into a pose and onto the shelf. The Indy figure gets a LOT more attention! It's just more fun to me for some reason. I really am enjoying this figure more than I thought I would. Temple is hardly my favorite Indy movie and I almost didn't buy this. I'm awfully glad I did though! I'm actually putting together a second one with his jacket on.

HEAR HEAR!

tumblr_nb8cxlX9wA1tjydheo1_500.gif

Wow para! That looks pretty much perfect. Hope you don't mind me using your pic to compare with a stock one:review_tdindy_3.jpg
E8DFB716-7422-4F13-89DD-15ADE2BE36C9_zpsjd43cftq.jpg
You are very lucky, one of a kind ToD ultimate indy.
Congrats mate!

I'm new here so just been scanning through the threads and WOW... had to stop and comment on that repaint. Absolutely incredible - you really get a sense of the character from the sculpt. Amazing work!

I like the sculpt and the figure as a whole so much I just bought another one.

I really just wanted a second sculpt for my DX05, but finding one seems impossible at the moment. A UK Ebay listing with a reasonable buy-it-now was too good to ignore.

Will you be parting out any of the other bits then Kuat?

I'd be interested in the machete, boots and shirt if you are. Cheers.

Will you be parting out any of the other bits then Kuat? Might be interested in a couple of bits if you are. Cheers.

I find it very hard to break up complete sets. Something in my psyche always tells me to keep everything, even if I don't foresee using everything. Never know what plans or ideas might strike in the future. So, sorry about that. :eek:

Not quite sure how I'm going to use the figure once the head has been donated to the DX05.

It'll have to have the DX05 sculpt in exchange, and then either bash a pre-Black Sleep or a 'return to the village' figure* with the SS ROTLA jacket and trousers. A return to the village means I wouldn't have to use the unspectacular TOD holster. And he could have the DX05 whip coiled over his left shoulder.

(The DX05 is using the TOD plastic whip since Vigilante Collectibles whip holder magnet is too feeble to support the weight and width of the DX05 whip).

If I tilt the TOD fedora back it shouldn't look as big as it does when pulled down on the DX05.

happyend.jpg

The irony just struck me that Iron Maiden's 'Back in the Village' came out the same year as TOD, but is completely irrelevant!

What did he do with this gun-belt and holster between climbing up the broken bridge and walking back into the village then? I know he'd lost the gun way back at the start of the movie, but surely he wouldn't just throw away the belt & holster because of that? After all, he did wear it for almost the entire movie without the gun being in the holster! I never actually noticed that he didn't have it on him when he returned to the village, and now I'm curious as to where it went?!!

What did he do with this gun-belt and holster between climbing up the broken bridge and walking back into the village then? I know he'd lost the gun way back at the start of the movie, but surely he wouldn't just throw away the belt & holster because of that? After all, he did wear it for almost the entire movie without the gun being in the holster! I never actually noticed that he didn't have it on him when he returned to the village, and now I'm curious as to where it went?!!

I've just watched bits of the Blu-ray - had it for months but never seem to get to get to see it all the way through. I stopped at various points to re-check details, such as his bruises and scratches.

It isn't shown how the Giant Thuggee gives him those scratches, and they first appear after Indy gets dumped into the mine cart.

Then I went to his return to the village. He has new trousers on, so must've gone back into the palace to find a pair.

I guess the gun belt and holster must be wrapped up and stuffed into the gas mask bag under the Sankara stone. The bag looks bulky in the instant he takes the stone out.

His bag kind of appears and disappears at different stages of the scene. He has it when he walks down the hill and then seems to have it when he pulls out the stone. The strap is obviously broken so I know he's not wearing it but how is it being held? You don't really see it that well when he hands him the stone.

They also don't show you him wrapping his hand either. The assumption is that he uses a piece of material from his ripped-off shirt arm to make the bandage, but I checked out that part of the film a couple of weeks ago and the bandage just seems to magically appear from nowhere!!

Well from the 2008 Making of Indy book, the village scenes were some of the first scenes shot for the movie, so clearly by the time they got to the interior Temple stuff they had lost track of what he was supposed to look like by the end.

Or who knows, maybe for the walk back he just decided to store the holster in the backplack Short Round was carrying, since there wasn't much use for it anymore.

Back