1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the display and pics m33g :)

Thank you! the display is a work in progress. Its a 2 Tier Unit from Wal-Mart that I added motion sense LED w/ rechargeable USB, which are fantastic BTW. Lights the figures when I want to look but doesn't waste battery when I'm not. I know its not a great picture (especially hard to capture the great look of the LED lights with my camera phone) but here is shot of the current setup in my office:

IMG_7272.jpg
IMG_7267.jpg

Yeah I have to agree, that's a nice display. And wow, even at a smaller scale that BTAS Batmobile is freakin huge!

Thanks! Yeah I got the Batmobile from my fiancé for Christmas and I knew it was going to be big but when I saw the package and took it out my mouth just hung open with the sheer size haha. That's my next project is to setup a Batman Animated Series display with this and all my figures which are currently in storage since they have nowhere to go at the moment. Troubles of a collector with too many fun things lol.

Perfect?! That is a very strong opinion, Jeppindude! Is it really better than this, in your opinion?!
View attachment 256074

Yeah, this custom always made me cringe whenever I scrolled down the page seeing it. It looks like Indy's new profession is a grease monkey. Just overly exaggerated dark 'whatever' marks everywhere on the chest and arm. It looks like it would be sticky..and smell.

Is there anyone else on this forum that thinks the Hot Toys Indy is the superior Indy straight out of the box? I showed several people the Hot Toys and Sideshow TOD figures. People who aren't collectors, much less Indy fans. I even cropped the pictures so you'd just see the heads/faces of each figure. Every single one of those random 7 ppl thought the Hot Toys had the stronger likeness to Harrison Ford. Some people didn't have a clue which actor the Sideshow one was suppose to represent. Mind you, these were pics of just the faces or heads of the figures. I still think that Sideshow made a giant leap forward towards progress with this figure. And I do feel they get bashed far to much to begin with (other than there ridiculously high prices). But I have to say, straight out of the box with no modification, I feel the Hot Toys version is the better likeness to Harrison (Indy).

Is there anyone else on this forum that thinks the Hot Toys Indy is the superior Indy straight out of the box? I showed several people the Hot Toys and Sideshow TOD figures. People who aren't collectors, much less Indy fans. I even cropped the pictures so you'd just see the heads/faces of each figure. Every single one of those random 7 ppl thought the Hot Toys had the stronger likeness to Harrison Ford. Some people didn't have a clue which actor the Sideshow one was suppose to represent. Mind you, these were pics of just the faces or heads of the figures. I still think that Sideshow made a giant leap forward towards progress with this figure. And I do feel they get bashed far to much to begin with (other than there ridiculously high prices). But I have to say, straight out of the box with no modification, I feel the Hot Toys version is the better likeness to Harrison (Indy).

Depends if you catch him on a good day or a bad day.

IMGP9945.JPG

indy7.jpg~original

So I got the replacement body for my Indy yesterday, and unfortunately it’s got the same loose right arm! The worse thing is, it’s the second body they have sent me! The first replacement body I got from them had a loose left arm, and now it’s a loose right arm. I think I’m ready to give up and just keep the one I originally got. It has a loose right arm, but it’s still the best of the three. I feel bad contacting Sideshow yet again and that they might think I’m trying to pull something on them. Besides, they know why I’ve contacted them and supposedly they are checking the replacement figure before they send it to me. So maybe they think that looseness is still within their standards of acceptability?

Regardless, I guess I’ll have to email them to let them know where things are.

Perfect opportunity to take apart some bodies and frankenstein one good one. I think you need to destroy the bodies anyways, so open two and give it a shot. Good luck.

Thanks. Yeah, that thought crossed my mind. At the very least I can see what is making the shoulder so loose on all these figures.

Personally I never thought the HT Indy sculpt was that terrible. The Sideshow Indy looks better then the Hot Toys in person but for some reason the Sideshow Indy does not look good in pictures, maybe the flash is the problem?

My re-worked TOD DX05 head. Still not a massive fan of the sculpt, but you can definitely improve it with a few little touches. Can't wait to replace it with one of my V1 Inigo sculpts when my V2 arrives though...!!!
image.jpg

Yeah, that second pic definitely looked better. Looks like a custom paint job. Mine isn't customized at all, but I guess I just have very forgiving lighting in my collection room. I think it definitely helps having Indy look off to one side and slightly up. Too bad the PERS aren't perfect with that figure. Or at least the shape of the eyes make the pupils look asymmetrical.

Back