1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm good with this figure. I'd rather have it get made than not. I want Indy to get all the merchandising love he can get.

This is the best post in this thread. Period.
Keep the indy products coming I concur. Although not perfect, this ToD figure has definitely made a statement, that sideshow is trying to improve their quality and chances of owning our wallets.

He puts down the figure you bought (and are happy with,) saying his custom is way better - and then you're apologetic?:lol

No need to keep stirring things up TaliBane! We're all good now! I know how adverse you are to spending money on custom headsculpts, so your view of custom figures is always going to be biased towards the negative.

No need to keep stirring things up TaliBane! We're all good now! I know how adverse you are to spending money on custom headsculpts, so your view of custom figures is always going to be biased towards the negative.

Not sure what you mean - I have 3 custom Indy-related sculpts, all painted by one of the top painters on the board. I have two non-Indy custom sculpts painted by ex-Sideshow artist silentsurfer - who is/was probably THE best painter on these boards.

I've just seen a ton of custom sculpts, and a ton of paint-ups, and a ton of guys saying it's the best you've ever seen, and a ton of guys saying they don't see it at all.

All I'm saying is this: if someone says "I bought this figure and it's perfect," don't step in with yet another pic of your custom and say "Are you blind? You honestly think it's better than this?"

Because that's stirring, isn't it?

So what I'm saying isn't stirring - it's just a reminder about common courtesy, right?:dunno

He's just being a little ass just ignore him

The little green bars below the username... that's the ass-meter. And yes, as can be seen, that's not a little bit of ass below mine.:lol

Received mine today. I think it's a pretty stellar figure right out of the box. I may tweak it a bit by dirtying it up a bit but overall really impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean - I have 3 custom Indy-related sculpts, all painted by one of the top painters on the board. I have two non-Indy custom sculpts painted by ex-Sideshow artist silentsurfer - who is/was probably THE best painter on these boards.

I've just seen a ton of custom sculpts, and a ton of paint-ups, and a ton of guys saying it's the best you've ever seen, and a ton of guys saying they don't see it at all.

All I'm saying is this: if someone says "I bought this figure and it's perfect," don't step in with yet another pic of your custom and say "Are you blind? You honestly think it's better than this?"

Because that's stirring, isn't it?

So what I'm saying isn't stirring - it's just a reminder about common courtesy, right?:dunno

The little green bars below the username... that's the ass-meter. And yes, as can be seen, that's not a little bit of ass below mine.:lol

I get it you're an Internet sensation and the master forum poster. You're so cool

I get it you're an Internet sensation and the master forum poster. You're so cool

I'm a mastur something...:wink1:

But yes, I will reluctantly acknowledge you are not the first to notice the cool factor.

We're ALL cool! That's why we play with dolls and write about it on the Internet.

Oh sure, but I bet you all aren't willing to make the ultimate commitment like me...

8ea17016c321863ef37c6a79e4e7d1bc.jpg

Surprisingly, total chick magnet at the mall - they're always taking selfies with me.:dunno

Finished modifying my TOD Indy. Used acrylic paints to muddy up his shirt, frayed his ripped sleeve with a steel brush, and punched up his bruises with a red and brown Sharpie. The Hot Toys hat was the crowning touch.

Indy Doom 4.jpgIndy Doom 3.jpgIndy Doom 2.jpgIndy Doom 1.jpg

Finished modifying my TOD Indy. Used acrylic paints to muddy up his shirt, frayed his ripped sleeve with a steel brush, and punched up his bruises with a red and brown Sharpie. The Hot Toys hat was the crowning touch.

View attachment 256390View attachment 256391View attachment 256392View attachment 256393

:clap
Nice work. I think the HT hat is the way to go, the only problem is I still want my DX05 to wear his hat and getting a DX05 fedora on ebay means spending loads of money.
I wish I had picked up a loose DX hat a few months ago when they were still relatively cheap. :gah:

Back