1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is hands down the best straight-out-of-the-box Indy.

Wish that hair seam was a bit better.... but mine will always have a hat on anyway. :)

Sallah

Yep I completely agree the hair seem is the ONLY thing that I would complain about, everything else in my opinion is perfect. Make no mistake sideshow just dominated the Indiana jones market this is by far the best even if you don't touch it and just unbox it and stick it on a shelf

Perfect?! That is a very strong opinion, Jeppindude! Is it really better than this, in your opinion?!
image.jpg

Eye of the beholder I guess... But I prefer the Sideshow to that personally. Its a great custom. I just like the SS more.

Sallah

Last edited:
I'm certainly not looking to start a fight with anyone, and if the only figure I could have was the SS TOD one then I'm sure I'd be more than happy with it. I just feel that there are so many other options out there if you go down the custom route (which doesn't have to run you thousands of pounds!), and that SS have failed to deliver on a few very important points: The hat is dreadful (size and shape are all wrong), the hair seam is really bad and means that you can't really display him without the hat, which then takes you back to that dreadful hat (unless you spend an additional £30 on the Hot Toys hat, which then brings him up close to the £200 mark!), no jacket and poor quality gun-belt & holster (according to people on this thread who own him; I haven't seen one in-hand).

I would have loved for this figure to have been "perfect" and I would have snapped him up in a heartbeat if that was the case, but to my eye he's simply not up-to-scratch. I do agree that he's a big improvement over the DX05 in many areas though, including the headsculpt, so he is most certainly the best production Indy we have had so far.

I'm good with this figure. I'd rather have it get made than not. I want Indy to get all the merchandising love he can get.

I’m also very very happy with how Indy turned out. Yes, I do agree that the whole hair and hat combo is its major drawback—but the hat really doesn’t look too bad when you’re looking at it IRL. So I'd say overall Indy is a win.

It partially restores my confidence in Sideshow, but of course it’s hard to know if this figure is only a fluke, or a sign of things to come.

Well, despite all the QC issues with him and the backwards thumbs farce, I actually think Sideshow did a really good job with their C-3PO figure. I was lucky to get an intact one, I guess, and I think he looks fantastic!

So perhaps things at Sideshow could be on the up...???

Sideshow has always been pretty good with their non-human figures. The production and paint quality of their human headsculpts has been their achilles heel since pretty much the beginning. It's only now after several missteps (Hoth figures with the terrible eyes, Drake, Snake, X-Wing Luke) that they seem to be turning the corner with this Indy. And even then, it's not perfect. But they have definitely stepped it up closer to HT quality than they've ever been.

My Indy should arrive with Mr Rahmier in the next day or so. Can't wait to see what he does with it.

OK, OK! Each to their own mate. Eye of the beholder and all that. That's what makes this hobby so interesting, I guess!!

I'm really glad you are loving your Sideshow figure; makes it worth the huge amounts we spend on these things!!

Finally opened mine today. And got to put my HT Jacket to use. Really dig this figure.

OK, OK! Each to their own mate. Eye of the beholder and all that. That's what makes this hobby so interesting, I guess!!

I'm really glad you are loving your Sideshow figure; makes it worth the huge amounts we spend on these things!!

I love it! But when I type things I sound like an ass I'm not taking away from that figure just FYIdidnt mean to put yours down at all. I'm just happy to get my money's worth for a change

I love it! But when I type things I sound like an ass I'm not taking away from that figure just FYIdidnt mean to put yours down at all. I'm just happy to get my money's worth for a change

He puts down the figure you bought (and are happy with,) saying his custom is way better - and then you're apologetic?:lol

Back