1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

Best two pics so far.

2h3vfph.png

See, out of context, would you really recognize those two as Ford, let alone even being the same sculpt?

Yup, have to say if I was forced to buy one of the three Ford sculpts, choosing between Hoth Han, ANH Han or Indy.. it would be that Indy sculpt, with the proviso the paint apps are as good as the proto.. and its displayed from that angle.. definitely seeing Ford in that sculpt.

I don't know. I keep looking at the face and something just isn't working for me. It certainly looks like a real face. Maybe in hand when its the size of my thumbnail I would like it better.

I'm usually more forgiving on sculpts than most too, considering many of my customs are bashes with sculpts that "kind of work" if you squint. :)

I don't know. I keep looking at the face and something just isn't working for me. It certainly looks like a real face. Maybe in hand when its the size of my thumbnail I would like it better.

I'm usually more forgiving on sculpts than most too, considering many of my customs are bashes with sculpts that "kind of work" if you squint. :)

Funny thing is, having given it some thought, I'm wondering whether part of the problem I have with the Han sculpts, is that subconciously I'm looking too much for an 'Indy' sculpt.. perhaps the problem is my expectation is off.. and the Raiders look is so iconic, subconsciously that is what I am expecting to see on all Ford sculpts.
:dunno

I think it looks great... damn better head then the HT DX version that's for sure.. now Inday is a figure HT should be doing a 2.0 version of.. I'll definitely be checking this out to add to my collextion!

People are complaining about the head? Really? ....by far the best Harrison Ford so far. I think it looks great. To each their own though.
A bigger complaint is that the clothing needs a hell of a lot more weathering. I don't find the idea acceptable that we should do it ourselves. For $230 with no jacket, SIDESHOW SHOULD ****ING DO IT.

As to why the gun is in there and the jacket isn't, that's easy:
Gun = extremely cheap to make and since its bare bones they've decided to at least include something.....
Jacket = more expensive, and much harder since it requires tailoring.
Doesn't make it right, its just penny pinching WHILE price gouging....but that's why the the gun is there.

A bridge dio .....even sold separately ..... would be very welcome!

This has been the only produced sculpt that I really like. Something about it captures Ford IMO. Yes a clean version would be awesome, and a jacket. But we get what we get.

Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

Best two pics so far.

2h3vfph.png

Actually the one on the left is the one that bothers me the MOST right now. The other preview shots look really good I think, but in that one it seems like his eyes are just a little too small for some reason.

Which is odd, because in the other pic the eyes look absolutely perfect.

Looks good to me. SS is upping its game for sure. I wonder if the new bodies will be HT size. SSs are a little taller and kludgier and I have had to do body swaps. Still not sure if I will get this considering the HT Star Wars line and XM stuff coming up. And you never know if HT will then turn around and do their own TOD, which would be a kick in the butt. If it wasn't for the exclusive I'd just wait it out for in-hand reports. Maybe I'll wait for the Ex to sell out and then go inthe wait list. Especially if it ends up in the $220 range which seems to be SS's new favorite number even though they haven't delivered that level of quality to date.

Looks good to me. SS is upping its game for sure. I wonder if the new bodies will be HT size. SSs are a little taller and kludgier and I have had to do body swaps. Still not sure if I will get this considering the HT Star Wars line and XM stuff coming up. And you never know if HT will then turn around and do their own TOD, which would be a kick in the butt. If it wasn't for the exclusive I'd just wait it out for in-hand reports. Maybe I'll wait for the Ex to sell out and then go inthe wait list. Especially if it ends up in the $220 range which seems to be SS's new favorite number even though they haven't delivered that level of quality to date.

I was thinking the same thing, SS release theirs first like Raiders then HT releases theirs a year later, given we still don't know whats coming out in 2016.

Back