1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No P.O. in 30th Anniversary year of TOD though...:wave:lol

Well they dropped the ball on that one not having one come out this year, but are all the announcements for 2015 out yet? They may still drop a announcement at some point, but if they really aren't competing with SS then I say 2016. Though for the next couple years HT might be to occupied with Marvel and SW.

tumblr_ngeo6spSxC1snogyzo5_1280.jpg

NOPE! Their next reveal is a IM of coarse what else would it be? Indy TOD? Nah :slap

2 things..

1: Looks fantastic, but I don't see Ford there at all.
2: what will the production sculpt look like, I hope SS have changed their factories/production line. We will know when Hoth figures come out I guess.

That sculpt is fantastic! Best yet. Just the eyes that throw it off. Though if they go with the separate eye crap like with Drake then it's doomed! :D

Untitled-1.jpg

Look like Indy has been working out with the weights....lol. Have to think on this one

The sculpt looks great. Like it better without the eyes lol.

;7391218 said:
That sculpt is fantastic! Best yet. Just the eyes that throw it off. Though if they go with the separate eye crap like with Drake then it's doomed! :D

View attachment 151206

Best,

Robert

Needs more of Ford's trademark smirk.

This is it 100%

Fords sculpt remains elusive after so many attempts it's not funny and that's the problem. We very rarely see his character with a dead pan face.

His characters have character. You can't get that from these expressions.

Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

The smirk doesn't work so well for the look this figure represents IMO.

See, out of context, would you really recognize those two as Ford, let alone even being the same sculpt?
The one on the left does look like a different sculpt from the one on the right somehow. Part of that is obviously a trick of light and shadow, but it may also be that the likeness is better from certain angles than others. But based on the pic on the right, I would instantly recognize that, not just as Ford, but as Indy. Significantly better than HT's attempt at Solo.

You wouldn't want a smiling/ smirking headsculpt on this figure. ToD is Indy at his darkest, so the grim look is the right way to go. Again though, given SS track record, I'll not be pre-ordering this - I'll wait to see in hand pics from those brave souls willing to pre-order ;)

I agree the smirking look is not right for TOD.

I'm very impressed by the proto. I think it's the best proto of HF we've gotten from either Sideshow or HT. That paintjob is beautiful, but if what SwedishHeat said about China factories is true (which I think it is) then Sideshow doesn't stand a chance.

Something to keep in mind. . . the Chinese do not respect foreigners. . . or at the very least, the Chinese factory owners will NOT give foreign manufacturers the same quality they give their fellow Chinese manufacturers.

At my current job, part of our product line is display packaging and our buyer deals with China frequently, I've talked with him about it. He backs up what I've long suspected, that the factories are actively trying to screw you over. You ask the factory to send you a sample, and it's great, then you pay them thousands for the production and the product falls apart when you get it. I've read in other entrepreneur forums, and how to deal with China, and it's expected to haggle back and forth, and just walk away and make the factory chase after you to make the deal. Too many small US companies are begging to get their stuff made in China, and the factories are taking advantage. Budget Stark said it in one of his videos, the Chinese are racist. They just won't give foreigners the same quality.

I hate to see the prices Sideshow is charging now, and I won't pay it, I would if there were more accessories or if I felt there was some value there, but I understand what they go through as far as manufacturing goes. My experience tells me that even if Sideshow went to DID's factory or Hot Toys' factory, the resulting product wouldn't be of equivalent quality. I will anxiously await Rook's photos of Hoth Han, but I'll be amazed if Sideshow can match a Chinese manufacturer's quality. It will certainly be a first.

BTW, for those who don't know, SwedishHeat used to paint for Sideshow

I am giving SSC one more chance with the Snake release in 1/6th. If that is bad, I am done with them in the 1/6th market. If Snake turns out great than I will definitely be getting ToD.

I am giving SSC one more chance with the Snake release in 1/6th. If that is bad, I am done with them in the 1/6th market. If Snake turns out great than I will definitely be getting ToD.

Yeah. I'm pretty much right there in the same boat with you. I had Snake on PO, but I decided to cancel and wait for in-hand pics. IF Snake turns out well then I will place my order and will probably go ahead and PO Indy.

Yeah. I'm pretty much right there in the same boat with you. I had Snake on PO, but I decided to cancel and wait for in-hand pics. IF Snake turns out well then I will place my order and will probably go ahead and PO Indy.

Fortunately/unfortunately I paid for him with points. Hopefully it turns out in my favor.

This is it 100%

Fords sculpt remains elusive after so many attempts it's not funny and that's the problem. We very rarely see his character with a dead pan face.

His characters have character. You can't get that from these expressions.

I don't think a smirk is really necessary, but I do agree the face is a little too blank and dead pan right now, and could stand to have a bit more expression and personality. Even if it's just him looking a bit more pissed or something.

Back