1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

Guys... I really don't get the general feeling on here about peoples expectations of current pricing. When 3po went up for this same price, many posters on here had a big problem with it, despite the obvious research and development that would have been involved. Why is a new version of indy (by the way i love ToD) embraced by most, that includes pretty much the basic accessories to place it as Tod for the same dollars.
That being said, personally i think it is a triumph, and will probably be the best version of indy we can buy. A few more iconic props from this film if included would have pushed it over the top eg. Urn, monkey brains, antidote, but thats just me being greedy. I. really hope this sells well to re-ignite the indyline, so that we can continue to see more collectibles from the franchise revealed in the future. Sadly, the price trend scares me that collectors will just leave indy stuff alone by then

Re: New Indy 1:6 from SS?

attachment.php

Man - THAT, looks excellent. :rock

That looks amazing.:clap

I think this looks pretty great, instant order!

The price is the price. I ***** about it as much as the next guy, but at the end of the day you have to pay to play.

I don't know why every 1/6 thread keeps bringing the 'I'll wait for a spook deal next year' people. Let's take a look at the things that they are offering. Flint vs Zartan (4 years later and still haven't shifted 250 pieces) Batman and Robin 66 (as niche as they come, and competing product from Tweeterhead, GI Joe figs, (dead line), the Crow (does this need explaining) mime joker (see the crow), Man of Steel (lukewarm reception to the movie, over produced on figs), an assortment of iron man, Barney Ross (see Crow), and some 3rd party stuff they can't shift. So out of the hundreds of products released, these are the leftovers, and suddenly EVERY new release is for some reason headed to the bargain bin...FFS people!

I WANT THE JACKET!

Better than the poor exclusive. Come on SS, give us a jacket. Indy without a jacket is like Luke without a lightsabre (oh wait).

Agreed on the price. It came in what I was expecting it too. The extra set of stones is a nice bonus. However one thing bothers me....

THE JACKET! Give us the jacket!

Re: New Indy 1:6 from SS?

I thought it was established many pages back that the jacket IS included and was part of the description?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Hey Alex, if you are reading this could you please tell the powers that be how much we unanimously LOVE this figure so far (a rare thing, not a single naysayer) but at the same time just about everyone (here, on Onesixth Republic, FB, etc) are all asking for a jacket to be included. I know this figure is going for recreating the classic Temple of Doom look which doesn't have the jacket but he still wears it a lot in the movie, including at the end AFTER the "battle damaged" scenes this figure portrays take place.

It just isn't Indy without the iconic jacket. The only 2 items more iconic to the character are the Fedora and whip. PLEAE GIVE US A JACKET! :)

Hey Alex, if you are reading this could you please tell the powers that be how much we unanimously LOVE this figure so far (a rare thing, not a single naysayer) but at the same time just about everyone (here, on Onesixth Republic, FB, etc) are all asking for a jacket to be included. I know this figure is going for recreating the classic Temple of Doom look which doesn't have the jacket but he still wears it a lot in the movie, including at the end AFTER the "battle damaged" scenes this figure portrays take place.

It just isn't Indy without the iconic jacket. The only 2 items more iconic to the character are the Fedora and whip. PLEAE GIVE US A JACKET! :)
This. I know it's not needed. But if they included a jacket I'd use it as a replacement on my HT Raiders Indy

I love this movie and character, but looking at the new pictures on Sideshow's website - if you just showed me the head, I'm not sure I'd know who it was supposed to be. Is it just me? Maybe I've been spoiled by seeing some of HotToys' new sculpts...

Regardless, more Indy is a good thing.

Yeah, that paintjob is incredible, and it shows how good the sculpt is too.

If only the final piece would be this good! :pray:

I see Ford in that pic, but not at all in those of the full figure. I guess it's gonna be like HT's then, good from certain angles and bad from others.

... Pass, I have enough stuntmen Indy in my collection!:lol

I love this movie and character, but looking at the new pictures on Sideshow's website - if you just showed me the head, I'm not sure I'd know who it was supposed to be. Is it just me? Maybe I've been spoiled by seeing some of HotToys' new sculpts...

Regardless, more Indy is a good thing.
Yep, pretty sure it's just you, Joda. :lol

Fantastic likeness. Best Ford prototype I've seen. Definitely has HT's beat (Indy or Han).

Maybe the jacket will be the exclusive. :rolleyes2

Back