1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

This actually looks pretty damn good. Especially in that first pic, it comes closer to looking like Indy than anything else I've seen (of course it might help that he's covered in dirt and bruises). And even if there wasn't a jacket, the only reason I would ever get a TOD Indy is to display him with the sleeveless shirt anyway, so that's not a problem.

Re: New Indy 1:6 from SS?

Yeah I'm really leaning on getting this. I can pick and choose which pieces to use between this and my DX05 TOD Indy. Definitely want that machete and stones. The satchel looks good too. So does the shirt. Will probably keep the HT body...

Looks good, hopefully the final product will be just as good.

I need a 1/6 Indy in my collection.

Last edited:

They actually did edit the article, removing all mention of the jacket. I literally copied and pasted the whole text and made the jacket part bigger.

Very sly Sideshow.

If the jacket was removed, that means it was a mistake... so not included. Not surprised though as TOD figures are almost always w/o the jacket, missing a sleeve, etc.

They actually did edit the article, removing all mention of the jacket. I literally copied and pasted the whole text and made the jacket part bigger.

Very sly Sideshow.

That's funny... by the time I saw your post it was already gone and I thought you were just messing around :lol

Very sly Sideshow.

I apologize for suggesting that you were just correcting it for them.

My guess is someone wrote it and then realized there was no jacket and edited it and maybe now they are wondering if maybe they should include a jacket. :slap

Looks like the outfit will definitely need to be dirtied up a bit. Much like with the TOD PF, it looks odd to me to see his clothes all ripped and torn up... but otherwise looking perfectly clean. Lol

And like always, they never seem to make his pants quite as loose and baggy as they should really be:

indy.jpg

But ah well, can't have everything I guess.

Too bad about the jacket! But like davejames said, you really wouldn't display a TOD Indy with a jacket...

Bare bones release with no dio or cool stand ...throw us a freaking bone and throw in a jacket!

Interesting they're still going the dual whip option as opposed to Hot Toys. Definitely looks better to have a permanently coiled one. Sits nicer on the hip that way.

Edit: Screw it ..... just ordered the DX05 jacket off ebay ....there aren't many left years after release and they're going to disappear fast now I think :D

Bare bones release with no dio or cool stand ...throw us a freaking bone and throw in a jacket!

Interesting they're still going the dual whip option as opposed to Hot Toys. Definitely looks better to have a permanently coiled one. Sits nicer on the hip that way.

Edit: Screw it ..... just ordered the DX05 jacket off ebay ....there aren't many left years after release and they're going to disappear fast now I think :D

You are not going to wait to see if the final product looks good before buying the jacket?

I associate TOD Indy more without the jacket then with, but I guess its a good idea to buy the DX05 jacket, before they skyrocket in price. Indy needs to be seriously battle damaged too.

images

You are not going to wait to see if the final product looks good before buying the jacket?
I associate TOD Indy more without the jacket then with, but I guess its a good idea to buy the DX05 jacket, before they skyrocket in price. Indy needs to be seriously battle damaged too.

The jacket gives an extra display option .... I'd rather have it than not have it.
Only reason I'd regret buying it is if that description changes again and suddenly a jacket is actually included. For $39 delivered international, I'll wear the risk ... :)

I love battle damaged looks and a damaged Indy with Jacket holding the stone back in the village at the end would be a cool look. (Also, my prize piece is the Sideshow Indy Temple of Doom PF which is a stunner the figure can't match with the jacket off due to the joints)

This figure definitely looks like a must buy for Indy fans.
Not just a much better sculpt than Hot Toys offering but much better body proportions as well.

I love the "Mine Cart Not Included" - that would be a great display piece if they do Shorty and Mola Ram. Hopefully Indy himself does well enough to warrant those being released. The question is, will wider "general" 1/6 collectors grab this Indy, or more just hardcore Indy-philes.

Figure looks great - definite buy. The head isn't perfect but is a whole lot better than the HT or earlier SSC heads. As a package it looks terrific, just in need of some futzing.

The HT jacket - like a lot of that figure - looks pretty crappy IMO. Seems like people do a ton of stuff to it in the customs section just to make it look halfways decent.

Back