1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC - Temple of Doom - Indiana Jones

I love the "Mine Cart Not Included" - that would be a great display piece if they do Shorty and Mola Ram. Hopefully Indy himself does well enough to warrant those being released. The question is, will wider "general" 1/6 collectors grab this Indy, or more just hardcore Indy-philes.

Figure looks great - definite buy. The head isn't perfect but is a whole lot better than the HT or earlier SSC heads. As a package it looks terrific, just in need of some futzing.

The HT jacket - like a lot of that figure - looks pretty crappy IMO. Seems like people do a ton of stuff to it in the customs section just to make it look halfways decent.

I think the figure will sell well.

Yes the HT jacket is too bulky. It definitely improves it by taking out the lining ....not a hard mod to do, even for zero skill people like myself :)

I'm in. Looks good so far. Even without a jacket.

Fingers crossed the factory paint even approaches this proto ....

I think the figure will sell well.

Yes the HT jacket is too bulky. It definitely improves it by taking out the lining ....not a hard mod to do, even for zero skill people like myself :)

Ah, hadn't considered trying that. I really like the look of the HT jacket myself, but it obviously is a bit bulky (and also needs to be darkened and weathered quite a bit).

As for the head, it'll be interesting to see what it looks like cleaned up for a Raiders Indy, or even if it could be modified into a Han...

I'm excited for this. Looks good, hopefully it survives production and comes out looking somewhat similar.

Well, until SS can deliver production close to prototype, I will not preorder from them.

The long timeline is not surprising anymore. Lots of time to accumulate points and promo codes!

Looks like, according to this page, it'll be released December of 2015 (assuming the contest winner gets it the same time as everyone else).

Indiana Jones Giveaway | Sideshow Collectibles

This 1 year + timeline is bad news. They should simply withhold the product longer. I like HT's model where it's closer to 6 months. Han Hoth is going to be 15 months, and it's just too damn long.

I guess SSC used to use P.O.'s as an barometer of interest in terms of edition size - now it's an actual number. Hope they account for cancellations if the head gets Draked.

Re: New Indy 1:6 from SS?

I think for that price it looks great! Hopefully it turns out good.

hmmm. Just don't know yet.
I think they're still using the new eye system here. Just something a little off about the eyes. Rest of the sculpt/paint look great.
~IMO, they should have had Trevor sculpt it.
~MINUS the new eye system, their current paint apps and plastics would make this look just fine.
~Include the damn jacket.
Upcoming figures will really be the tell if this thing is going to work or not. Hope so.

This has been floating around facebook.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418184144.442211.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1418184144.442211.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,501

Definitely going to preorder and cross my fingers they do Short Round with mine cart like Toht came with the Ark.

Back