Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, got mine today. Ordered it from SS, still have 230 reward points pending. I gotta ask, why didn't mine come with the damaged left arm part? We're those limited to pre-orders, or what?

The arm stump is the Exclusive accessory. Did you order the Ex (has silver sticker on the front of the box)?

Well, checked my order history. I thought I was ordering the one with the exclusive part, it was $230... The description doesn't say the damaged arm part is included, but the pics show otherwise. Om not too worried about it, it's still a great figure.

Well, checked my order history. I thought I was ordering the one with the exclusive part, it was $230... The description doesn't say the damaged arm part is included, but the pics show otherwise. Om not too worried about it, it's still a great figure.

You aren't missing much. But the Ex and regular are usually the same price.

The EX had sold out pretty early on if I remember correctly (after several months but since it takes more than a year for this stuff to come out...). Something that doesn't happen too often anymore. The same thing happened with Jango Fett (EX selling out). The EX was gone, but when he started shipping the EX popped up again. Probably due to many a cancellation after all the bad reviews this guy was getting. I'm sure that annoyed many, as it would have me, since the EX had the exclusive head sculpt which is one of the best parts of the figure.. Alas very few cancellations with 3PO since I think he is awesome other than the damn thumb problem which Sideshow refuses to even acknowledge as a problem. Man they've really gone downhill with customer service and QC... And prices have gotten ridiculous. :(

emailed Thinkgeek.com and told me to contact Sideshow or either return C-3PO back to Thinkgeek.
So, I just got off the phone from a rep at Sideshow and he told me they couldn't do nothing since it was purchased from a third party and not through Sideshow. And I have to go through Thinkgeek's return policy to get a part. Which is clearly not the case.
I told him all I need was the bicep arm where the piston is attached since I was able to take apart the arm from the elbow joint. And still couldn't get the replacement part.

And I didn't get angry and argue (even though I was very upset) with the rep cause I didn't think it was called for. But maybe I should had and maybe received a replacement piece.

I can still move the arm around and place back the piston in place, and the broken piece is not noticeable.

whatever, it was just a small part I needed, understand Sideshow can't afford to replace small part.
And here is the pic, if you guys are careful, the elbow joint pops off the forearm and bicep, like the hand pops off the arm

DSC03239_zpsr9jovbi8.jpg

That's really lame that so many of these figures are defective. I really like the way they came out, for the most part. I can't take that leap of faith tho.

Sideshow will NEVER give you any replacement parts for anything purchased from any 3rd party retailer. A good 3rd party seller will contact SSC and get the parts and then forward them to you. Thinkgeek is not a specialty figure retailer (at least not in my mind), and I'm sure the customer service guys have no idea about replacement parts or any of the struggle we go thru with defective sideshow/hot toys pieces.

Have'nt seen much love for threepio for a few days, he really is a great figure, minor issues aside20160119_184953.jpg
Are people still removing the weathering? What did you use? Some spots on mine are a little heavy handed

I used 99%. Works beautifully. Just took off some more "blobbish" bits yesterday.

Glad to reorder Goldenrod today used a code for 20 creds off and notice sideshow doesnt need the 22 dollar deposit for him, not sure but thought 3po had one. Oh well glad to be catching up only need leia next. Damn DOH! need jawas also and troopers and then and then.....Ha ha its our lot in life to suffer...:lol

Last edited:
I FLEXED him so 210 all together with code B3M1N3 for 20 creds off. I didnt see any deposit needed. I still will have to pay shipping 17 creds but better then using rewards on him.

Did they charge anything yet? I always assumed the NRD was just for pre-orders, but not sure how it works with flexing for in-stock items.

I ordered from the Thinkgeek sale. Mine also showed up with a broken piston. I asked for a replacement from Sideshow. They had one. This one also had the broken piston. When I contacted Sideshow, they said that Thinkgeek is an official distributor, and needs to go through their rep to get replacements, but I cannot order from them directly. Seems a little ridiculous IMHO, but I've now contacted Thinkgeek and asked them to do just that. Hopefully they can help me out. Other than that, great figure.

Got my 3PO a couple of days ago.
Other than the odd thumbs, it's a brilliant figure. I've no QC issues either, everything is in perfect working order.

How does one get the thumbs to align correctly?

Back