Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:rotfl

image.jpeg

Fantastic photo and that base looks great. And you've got a 2nd one next to it for r2? Do you mind sharing where you got them from?

With the eyes, I've noticed on some of the photos and in one or two of the video reviews that they're not perfectly centred. One of mine is slightly off-centre too. Not ideal but I'm not sure if SS would do anything about something like this?

Got my Threepio on Monday. I don't know if I got lucky that the paint was very thinned down or they just forgot it, but I don't have that big, gloopy brushstroke on the clavicle.

Overall I think it looks really good. Yeah, the thumbs, but you can kinda hide them if you curve the fingers sort of naturally.

One thing I did find out (and I may just be late to the party on this) is that the pistons pop in and out fairly easily on the fixed joint end. Makes positioning the arms hella easier. Didn't see that in the instructions and I've been trying to move them with the pistons in place.

66875136700673acf088661ffacf5f2f.jpg

d5da58c08c4da7664cf3652d39397f35.jpg

Nice pics, FlyandFight and Jedibear...

Thanks! Excellent review, too. :duff

Even with the issues that it has, it's still a very good figure. Just needed some "polishing" up to make it a great one. :wink1:

Fantastic photo and that base looks great. And you've got a 2nd one next to it for r2? Do you mind sharing where you got them from?...

Thank you! :duff I got the extra Sideshow X-wing Luke base from Toy Anxiety. I put X-wing Luke on an extra Hot Toys Luke base.

Thanks! Excellent review, too. :duff

Even with the issues that it has, it's still a very good figure. Just needed some "polishing" up to make it a great one. :wink1:

Thank you! :duff I got the extra Sideshow X-wing Luke base from Toy Anxiety. I put X-wing Luke on an extra Hot Toys Luke base.

Yeah, I would probably say this is a "love at first sight" type figure for me, even despite the flaws (and it does have quite a few for me.) Some figs you open and it's pretty what you expect based on pics/vids/reviews - others really do have a bit of thrill to them. This one is one of those that has a thrill - last one was Chewy.

To give you an idea, I've had HT farmboy Luke sitting next to my desk for nearly a day unopened, but 3PO was torn open within seconds of delivery - even with a Tama 3PO in the house.:lol

I've made a second, slightly taller farmboy Luke body using Soldier Story necked body, HT parts, SSC parts and the great Hasbro tunic to stand next to the tallish SSC 3PO (I had intended on putting the blast shield on one.)

The pegs that are in the hands were glued in place. I'm assuming the pegs were inserted before the glue dried on the two halves of the hands, so when I went to turn them they easily broke because of the soft plastic used to cast the wrist joint. Yay! Called Sideshow on the 14th and the rep said he hadn't heard of this issue. Emailed pics as usual for the replacement process. Rep said to give them a little extra time because they're still catching up from Christmas. It took them 9 days to reply to my Boba Fett issue.

Does anyone have wrist articulation apart from clockwise/counterclockwise rotation? Mine are unable to pose at any angle.

There's only a tiny bit of movement. Negligible really. It doesn't look like there's any room for the hand to move other than by rotating.

Might have been a good idea to make the pistons where you could replace them. Even add extras in the box or sell them for $10 extra bucks. Gotta be cheaper then dealing with all the complaints and replacements. The volume is going to have them do a Samurai predator and just say hey take $20 or walk.
Nice pics everyone!

Might have been a good idea to make the pistons where you could replace them. Even add extras in the box or sell them for $10 extra bucks. Gotta be cheaper then dealing with all the complaints and replacements. The volume is going to have them do a Samurai predator and just say hey take $20 or walk.
Nice pics everyone!

If you watch closely, the pistons visibly bend a little when you articulate the arms. It is slightly nerve wracking.:lol

Thanks. I didn't realise the Luke X-Wing had a non-generic base. Checked Toy Anxiety and they don't seem to have them now so I guess they sold out. I still don't understand how Sideshow expect 3PO & R2 to be displayed together without either making some sort of custom base or spending more money on bases from previous figures, assuming they can even be found. It would be bad enough if they sold bases separately, but they don't even do that. :( And those Hot Toys ones go for crazy prices on eBay.

It would be bad enough if they sold bases separately, but they don't even do that. :( And those Hot Toys ones go for crazy prices on eBay.

Man I agree. I came close to pulling the trigger several times on eBay...but $40 for a base, yikes!

Threepio is here!

Overall a great looking figure, I do have a couple of issues with mine, though no broken parts thankfully.

He does have a couple of flashing marks on the knees and some glops of paint & scratches on the body plus a small fingerprint and a scotch on his head. Will wait and see what SSC say when I email them.

Also slightly over scale IMO as it seems as tall as the tall HT stormtrooper which is a shame.

7FE79B51-8227-4298-A290-BFE84269943B_zpsbr3bzdpr.jpg

Looks great with Artoo though

I haven't heard back on my broken finger yet... but I'm encouraged to hear they are sending arms to people rather than having to replace the full figure. I'm happy with the finish on mine and the only issue was that finger :lol

Yep, I haven't heard about my broken outer-right piston or head (see thread page 387 for my issues).

Speaking of issues, has anyone tried popping/pulling the hands off?

Back