Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Seriously, how the **** are you supposed to take the head off?!? They say dont pull on the head or ears, but pull on the neck. Well, there's no room to get your fingers in there to pull on the neck!!!

I was struggling with this too. There's just no way to grip the neck alone. I found if I sort of applied equal pressure to the neck and head and carefully wiggled a bit, it then popped out quite easily. Was nerve-wracking at first though (as has been pretty much everything with this figure!). I haven't managed to remove the arm on mine, tried to give it a gentle pull/wiggle but it won't seem to budge and didn't want to try too hard.

Agree on the elbow articulation, that's my biggest concern with the figure. I've just had to leave the elbows as they were out of the box as any attempt to move them seems to be putting strain on those fragile pistons and making them start to bend.

From reading the comments here, paint seems a bit hit and miss. I've got a small mark on the top part of the head which I'm not quite sure is meant to be weathering or not, but otherwise I'm happy with the paint on mine. Actually looks better than I was expecting overall.

Thumb issue is secondary to the elbows for me, but it's disappointing and frustrating all the same for such a high-end figure.

BTW, I recently discovered your video reviews and have been enjoying them. Helped to pique my curiosity about the HT figures (which admittedly I'm not sure is a good thing :)) and I'm about to pre-order the sandtrooper as my first HT acquisition to see if I like them.

IMG_20160118_212336 - Copy.jpgIMG_20160118_212425 - Copy.jpg

I stand 3PO on my lap (facing away from me) to make any adjustments to the arms. I find this way you can manipulate the pistons in the tracks quite comfortably. Despite the thumb issues, the articulation of the fingers is spot on.

3PO still finds reasons to rock on Tatooine.

IMG_20160118_212410 - Copy.jpg

Dodging a bullet by the sounds of it....I will await Hot Toys version....and hopefully it is a TFA red armed version with an extra gold arm as seen at the end of TFA.Or...how about they throw in removeable panels ala the Iron Man chest armours so we can piece an AOTC version too! ;)
From reading most posts, it sounds like the figure is a cluster****!

I was struggling with this too. There's just no way to grip the neck alone. I found if I sort of applied equal pressure to the neck and head and carefully wiggled a bit, it then popped out quite easily. Was nerve-wracking at first though (as has been pretty much everything with this figure!). I haven't managed to remove the arm on mine, tried to give it a gentle pull/wiggle but it won't seem to budge and didn't want to try too hard.

Agree on the elbow articulation, that's my biggest concern with the figure. I've just had to leave the elbows as they were out of the box as any attempt to move them seems to be putting strain on those fragile pistons and making them start to bend.

From reading the comments here, paint seems a bit hit and miss. I've got a small mark on the top part of the head which I'm not quite sure is meant to be weathering or not, but otherwise I'm happy with the paint on mine. Actually looks better than I was expecting overall.

Thumb issue is secondary to the elbows for me, but it's disappointing and frustrating all the same for such a high-end figure.

BTW, I recently discovered your video reviews and have been enjoying them. Helped to pique my curiosity about the HT figures (which admittedly I'm not sure is a good thing :)) and I'm about to pre-order the sandtrooper as my first HT acquisition to see if I like them.

Wow, if the HT Sandtrooper is your first HT figure, and you're a Star Wars fan, I think you're going to be hooked :)

Here are some pics of the paint issues with mine. Normally I'm not too picky, but these just annoy the crap out of me.

Blemish/scratch on the chest.

Black chip on the side of the mouth is something I could live with, but included here anyway.

The scratch in the gold paint on the hip here does not look like intentional weathering to me.

Fingerprint in the weathering for the knee.

What is that raised curved protrusion on the back of his head?!? Does anyone else have that? Looks like something got caught under the paint?

Another view of that weird protrusion!?! Also, there's a hairline crack of some sort (or maybe hair caught under paint).

SideshowC3PO0002.jpg

Ugh. Add me to the growing list of broken 3-POs. Right out of the package! The piece that broke off wasn't even in the box - it shipped that way!

As soon as i have mine back in one piece,due to damage.
I personally will let this one go and stick with my ht figures.

Aside from the breaking issues, QC, and wonky thumbs this seems to be a nice looking figure. That being said if Hot Toys does make the droids they will have to be pretty impressive to warrant the purchase so it may be good for the collecting community as a whole to have so many options.

Doesn't seem to me that one has more strengths over another at this point but of course I only have the Tama so I can't really judge.

I have to say... mine should arrive today. I REALLY wanted a C3P0 to put next to R2, but if mine has some of the issues you guys have, he's going back for a refund.

Wow. Just wow. I knew I didn't want this because I don't like Artoo (I'm using him as a placeholder figure until HT does one) but I was hoping it would turn out okay. Now I'm just glad I bought the Tamashii a few weeks ago as I bet the price goes up.

It's too bad about the thumbs. That was one of the main things I found very appealing about this Threepio. Glad I have the Tamashii! :)

Anyway, I'm sure there's a way to break the thumb off and re-attach it correctly. Some brave soul will do it.

Also, with the broken pistons, can the broken end just be placed back into the joint? I know it wouldn't be fixed, but at least it would look okay.

Here are some pics of the paint issues with mine. Normally I'm not too picky, but these just annoy the crap out of me.

Blemish/scratch on the chest.

Black chip on the side of the mouth is something I could live with, but included here anyway.

The scratch in the gold paint on the hip here does not look like intentional weathering to me.

Fingerprint in the weathering for the knee.

What is that raised curved protrusion on the back of his head?!? Does anyone else have that? Looks like something got caught under the paint?

Another view of that weird protrusion!?! Also, there's a hairline crack of some sort (or maybe hair caught under paint).

Looking at your pictures let me know that the paint on my C3POs nose is jacked up
440bb9fa7949ed236d077f5f43db8792.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn....mine arrived over the weekend but I have had a lot of time to inspect. Based on the nbr of complaints I better so I can get a refund or new stock before it runs out....I now my thumbs look wonky....

Just got my 3PO today and it seems ok, but how do you remove the head to turn the eye lights on?

Wow, if the HT Sandtrooper is your first HT figure, and you're a Star Wars fan, I think you're going to be hooked :)

LOL. I'm hoping I won't be! Yep, long time fan and collector and have been collecting the Sideshow line from the beginning. Just really didn't want to get into another line, the prices put me off, and I didn't want to part with any of my existing Sideshow figures in order to upgrade them to their HT equivalent. If I like the sandtrooper, I'll probably just be sticking to OT troopers or figures that Sideshow haven't already done. Might be tempted by the ROTJ Boba though. :) Looking forward to your review of 3PO.

If anyone else more disenchanted with their R2 after getting 3PO in hand? I was disappointed in R2 from the beginning, probably the Sideshow piece I've been most disappointed with to date, but next to 3PO he seems even more lacklustre and it highlights how bad that silver paint is on the dome. I think they look great together as a pair and I like the 3PO despite the issues, but I wish R2 was better and didn't feel like such a cheaply made figure. I wouldn't have minded getting R5-D4, but not if it's more of the same and anyway it's too over-priced.

Back