Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love how sideshow sends an email stating " new gallery pics " with the jacked up thumbs! Operation cover up lol ! image.jpeg

Mine just arrived this morning. Fantastic looking figure in the box but I'm kind of scared to unbox him after reading about all the issues. Never had a problem with a Sideshow figure before so I'm hoping that this isn't my first.

I've gone ahead and sent a message simply stating that I'm sure they are aware of the thumb issue from customers that have received this and if they plan on publicly addressing this issue and offering a remedy to fix this problem?

Given this glaring QC issue with the "Thumbs" and the amateurish seal line on Artoo's dome...there are seldom figures SCC releases without issue...and I'm not talking about minor nit picks. They better have a plan to offer new hands to customers!!!! If not, what a farce, and slap in the face to their collectors.

I've gone ahead and sent a message simply stating that I'm sure they are aware of the thumb issue from customers that have received this and if they plan on publicly addressing this issue and offering a remedy to fix this problem?

I guess they can have the factory make up a batch of arms to send out to us, because I don't see how the hands can come off.

This is the largest one on mine, and I have a couple small ones on the gold leg too.

Yes, I think most everyone got bad flashing on the knees -- some more than others of course. Mine was bad, I mentioned it early on, and was my principle gripe prior to realizing just how bad the thumbs were. But flashing can at least be covered by weathering.

Yes, I think most everyone got bad flashing on the knees -- some more than others of course. Mine was bad, I mentioned it early on, and was my principle gripe prior to realizing just how bad the thumbs were. But flashing can at least be covered by weathering.

Thanks. Yeah, I can live with it if it's something that most of them probably have. It'd be great if they fixed the hand issue, but I seriously doubt it.

Is it me or do the thumbs look correct on the box art, I'll have to check when I get home?

Given this glaring QC issue with the "Thumbs" and the amateurish seal line on Artoo's dome...there are seldom figures SCC releases without issue...and I'm not talking about minor nit picks. They better have a plan to offer new hands to customers!!!! If not, what a farce, and slap in the
face to their collectors.

I guess they can have the factory make up a batch of arms to send out to us, because I don't see how the hands can come off.

Here's what I intend on doing... If there is not an appropriate response to the issue of the inproperly installed thumbs.. (no excuse).. SSC can take mine back at there cost. I've spent way too much money on these collectibles (and gladly when quality is reasonable). But to put up new pics after a known problem has come to light...that is just wrong and a slap in the face.. this is not a $19.99 TRUS figure. I know we all want a C3PO, but why should we be treated like this by a company most of us have spent thousands with.. send a message to SSC.. the right message.. if they do not want to come right on this.. there is but one choice..Send them back to Sideshow for a FULL REFUND.. Let's see what they plan to do...I hope the right thing!

But to put up new pics after a known problem has come to light...

To be fair, Sideshow posted those pictures well before the figure shipped out to anyone. We just didn't notice the change in the thumbs.

That does not excuse the mistake. But one would have to remove that aspect to your argument.

I own the Tamashii 3PO and opted to buy the Sideshow 3PO as a "potential" upgrade, as the prototype photos showed promise. After my initial unboxing of the Sideshow 3PO, I was leaning toward that version to display alongside my Hot Toys figs. Although I like the Tamashii finish better, I think the Sideshow head and face is an improvement... something amiss about those hands though... I come to this forum and it didn't take long to realize the problem was those wonky thumbs!!

Now all I see are those damn thumbs and I'm rethinking my initial assessment!! Based on the lighting conditions of the room where I display my HT figures, I think the Tamashii finish looks more like ANH C-3PO. The Sideshow finish makes me think more ESB or ROTJ... and those thumbs!! Somebody please give us a tutorial on how to fix them. For now I'm going back to my Tamashii. I might consider Sideshow's version again if the thumbs are fixable.

This whole thing is like deja vu for me. I bought the life size Don Post 3PO in the late 90s. I bought the life size Sideshow 3PO in 2009 (I think it was) thinking it might be an improvement. I ended up selling the Sideshow statue back and kept the Don Post one. The issue with the finishes is exactly what we have here. The Don Post version is similar to Tamashii, and Sideshow, well, let's just say they must prefer the duller, gold-paint-looking finish.

Back