Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brass tubing CAN be found in the diameter of these pistons; I have some at my model-building bench right now. Just sayin...

Considering that 3/4's of people would display their SSC 3PO next to their SSC R2, it is a little odd that SSC didn't give some thought to a stand large enough to accomodate the two, or maybe interlocking halves that came with each.

I mean SSC IG-88 randomly gets this large, complex, light-up stand that was unnecessary and has nothing to do with the character (and from a value POV, he also came with two weapons, would have been a similar amount of tooling/design, and was cheaper.)

It does seem that without add-on pieces (like the snow of Hoth or logs of Endor) the new SSC hex stands aren't getting a great response. When people are trying to secure old stands (in this case with sand base) you know there's a problem with the new ones.

2016-01-16-08-28-17-954698151.jpeg
This may be where SS purchased the hands and why the awful thumbs.

Waiting for 3-PO with some new friends;these aren't the droids you're looking for(mostly).
Last payment SHOULD go through next week,so with any luck I should have him to play with while I recuperate from knee surgery...PS

Last edited:
What I mean is that even though the SSC ones don't telescope, they still have a lot of push/pull pressure on a very thin piece of plastic and also on the tiny plastic pivot joints at each end. It both slides and pivots. SSC's "piston" and joints size is screen accurate but it seems they have difficulty withstanding that pressure. Until I have mine in-hand I can only go on what people are saying though.

The pistons seem to be made out of a softer plastic than the rest of the figure, so they can stand a little bit of pressure. I've been able to articulate mine just fine so far. When I first took the figure out of the package, the joints were kind of stiff, so that's when I felt the most nervous about posing the arms. However, they've loosened up a bit and I'm not worried anymore.

So what are people using for stands to display R2 and 3PO together? I had 3PO off his base for a while but not sure if I trust leaving it that way. Looked at getting some spare Hot Toys Death Star stands but don't really want to pay $50 a piece.

When toy anxiety breaks down the Luke and Leia figures you could get some of the gray ones. They usually put them up for $20 or $25.
I would think they'll do lots of Luke figures since there are so many accessories. But Leia comes with almost nothing so they might not break down too many of her.

Man, everyone was stalking that figure. They'll do more if they can get him. You know they've had their eyes on that figure for a long time.

How much is shipping and import duty dude? I'm in the UK too but i have always been put off ordering direct and wait until the UK suppliers have them in stock.

Ordered the exclusive with $20 code $209 + $31 shipping and $48 tax.
total uk was £198

Received mine and love him, but still wish he had the proper chrome finish. And I need to fix these thumbs and unweather him! My pistons are fine so I'm wondering? Should I drop a little oil in the arm piston tracks to make sure they don't have any resistance so they won't snap?

Received mine and love him, but still wish he had the proper chrome finish. And I need to fix these thumbs and unweather him! My pistons are fine so I'm wondering? Should I drop a little oil in the arm piston tracks to make sure they don't have any resistance so they won't snap?

You could but make sure the oil is safe for plastic. I have a plastic safe oil but I forget what brand it is.

I just looked for it but can't find it.

I looked it up and it is Labelle 108 oil and is safe for plastic and painted surfaces.

The SS 3po turned out great,looks excellent! If i didn't have the tamashi i'd pick one up.

Same here. I quite like this Threepio, even with the criticisms I have. Those thumbs are horrible though. :lol I don't know what the hell is going on there. I still think it's a bit overpriced. I think at most this should have been $200 even. I actually got my Tamashii for less than this. :lol

Is anyone here that owns the Tamashii also buy the Sideshow version?

Last edited:
OK, I have to provide some constructive criticism. IMO you need to do something more 3PO-like with those arms, to me it looks like he's showing off at Muscle Beach.

Yeah you are right ... Just put him in the detolf ... This might be better " Over here"
b06e0de033ffde42ed9054d2a7d3fb67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Love all these pics. It really does look awesome! Congrats to everyone who got this. Making me wish I'd picked one up!

Back