Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes and no. They were orange/red plastic pallets painted grey, but no matter what they did, the paint came off where people walked - so you can see orange/red on the floor grates (mostly in Empire, but it kinda works as rust,) but yeah - technically they were supposed to be grey, and yeah, they were bottom lit with red in places. They are the exact same pallets used in corridors in Alien, Outland plus many others.

Is it this?

Red or gray -- the new debate brought to you from the people who see a blue coat. :slap

OK, so I went and grabbed these... there is red slats inside the grated floor/ceiling -- but again that's because they're "milk crates" and the effect was nice for the "red lighting" it gave. But I do not believe the Empire made 'red floors' is more what I meant. But I'll concede, yes, there is red inside the grating. Yes. But HT should have painted the top flat gray and let the red show through the bars.

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4715.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-4749.jpg

Links will take you to a very good site for pictures BTW.

Last edited:
So people who see what was desired to be seen by the filmmakers due to manipulation of lighting and other factors? :monkey3

That's subjective in many situations. Did Mad Max or Terminator actually turn blue at night because the filmmakers used blue filters and like "blue nights"?

No. Of course not. Nor did a brown coat.

BTW, Han Solo's brown parka in TFA was the jab to settle this debate.

It is amazing how people care so much about the wrong color of floor grates on a stand that has no definitive yes or no answer. Yet when Finn comes with the completely wrong shirt color, no one cares.

That's subjective in many situations. Did Mad Max or Terminator actually turn blue at night because the filmmakers used blue filters and like "blue nights"?

Subjective is correct. The difference to me if what was intended by the film makers to be the perceived color (blue, red or whatever) of the object itself in question. In the example you give it wasn't the desire to give the impression Max or the Terminator changed color. The opening credits of Gattaca sees Ethan Hawkes character grooming himself to remove dead skin, hairs etc so as not to leave a DNA trail. For the closeups of the hair falling to the ground they used horse hair as it shows up better on film. If we argue from a raw prop perspective, then Ethan Hawke is a horse (which may be an entirely different argument :lol), but the desire of the filmmakers was for the audience to see human hair. That's how I see the coat debate and to me the evidence points to a desire from the filmmakers for it to appear blue, or the grates here to appear red. But I also accept that others see it differently and disagree with what I think the film makers wanted making it subjective as you say. Even if the director of the day was to come here and say what he/she wanted everyone to see, it would still be argued. Anyway I'm taking things way off topic and only intended to throw in a cheeky remark so I will leave my comments there.

It is amazing how people care so much about the wrong color of floor grates on a stand that has no definitive yes or no answer. Yet when Finn comes with the completely wrong shirt color, no one cares.

I think people care, Hot Toys, not so much.

Subjective is correct. The difference to me if what was intended by the film makers to be the perceived color (blue, red or whatever) of the object itself in question. In the example you give it wasn't the desire to give the impression Max or the Terminator changed color. The opening credits of Gattaca sees Ethan Hawkes character grooming himself to remove dead skin, hairs etc so as not to leave a DNA trail. For the closeups of the hair falling to the ground they used horse hair as it shows up better on film. If we argue from a raw prop perspective, then Ethan Hawke is a horse (which may be an entirely different argument :lol), but the desire of the filmmakers was for the audience to see human hair. That's how I see the coat debate and to me the evidence points to a desire from the filmmakers for it to appear blue, or the grates here to appear red. But I also accept that others see it differently and disagree with what I think the film makers wanted making it subjective as you say. Even if the director of the day was to come here and say what he/she wanted everyone to see, it would still be argued. Anyway I'm taking things way off topic and only intended to throw in a cheeky remark so I will leave my comments there.

Well I meant subjective in the fact that you either believe the Empire made red flooring... OR you believe it was supposed to be reddish lighting, like other lights in the set. It's a choice left to the viewer. All you really know is the DP or George wanted it to feel "red" down there in the bowels of the Death Star.

I think we agree.

Did anyone actually buy this to do the "bagging" scene? It seems relatively easy to do. Just not sure how many would want to buy a figure just to tear him apart :lol

I never saw it in blue, did he wear it inside? Is it blue in the visual dictionary? That's excellent. :lol

Yeah I thought it was brown outside and then when Chewie throws him the jacket I think they switched it to blue. There are cut scenes after that which maybe also have it as blue. Here's the shot from the dictionary.

c98d62ff5f3ac790d3eb85cc78c6c693.jpg

Did anyone actually buy this to do the "bagging" scene?

No, but once HT makes a 3PO, I got to use this one for something.

Yeah I thought it was brown outside and then when Chewie throws him the jacket I think they switched it to blue. There are cut scenes after that which maybe also have it as blue. Here's the shot from the dictionary.

c98d62ff5f3ac790d3eb85cc78c6c693.jpg

That's pretty funny. I guess they really did make an effort to keep the debate alive. When I saw the brown jacket outside I thought that was his nod to the decision. Figures he couldn't even take a stand on that. :lol

I sent them as email for the both broken pistons on the left arm.

I also have an issue with the legs. On mine it looks like the left left is not seaated or connected properly to the joint. As a result on leg is slightly shorter than the other. This effects the figure's ability to stand.

Back