Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a general principle, sure, but pre-orders or orders over the holidays should get some leeway, IMO. For example, my last flex on Vader was the 25th (December). Believe I was charged the 26th and it shipped on the 29th or so. Did I get my knickers in a bunch? No! If anyone cares THAT much about it, don't preorder and wait until it shows in stock. Like seriously, who gives a **** if your order ships Monday or Thursday. You'll get your doggone dolly just the same, boys! :lol Honestly I wonder if anyone here has any real problems to put 'dolly not shipping out DAY ONE' into perspective! :lol Ridiculous.
I didn't say it's about the figure necessarily. Just that it seems kind of like a bad practice to charge people and then sit on the order. I'd rather they charge later when they're actually shipping. Especially when they're charging a good chunk for shipping alone.

Jack-Nicholson.gif

For some reason I love this GIF.

Could care less about the charge. Happy to see the figure looking good, that's all that matters. I won't remember this bump in the credit card road two weeks from now.

DAMN YOU SIDESHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will once again be on vacation when he comes...happened with Terminator Battle Damaged too!!!!

MY FRIGGIN FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!!!!!

200.gif

I just don't get it. It's the same for me. I ordered with a $20 off code and now I'm paying $18.63 in shipping for a figure that's probably not as heavy as the Hot Toys Luke that's loaded with accesorries that I paid $10 for shipping. Don't get me wrong I'm not one of those collectors that likes to gripe, but be consistent, don't charge me $10 today and $18.63 tomorrow. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling it.

Sorry to repost so late but I feel the exact same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What it feels like waiting for SS to take my bag of cash and send me a golden rod statue......

giphy.gif

The Gollum & Jack gifs are spot on. :lol

I've been quietly checking this thread out, but zero desire to buy SSC's fussy British butler doppleganger.

I've been lurking here for a little while, but this is my first post. Excited to finally be getting this figure (despite the insane cost and that the AUD just dropped again to add insult to injury). Seems like it's been an even longer wait than usual since pre-ordering.

In terms of the base, I'm wondering how people are planning to display this figure with R2? I don't have my R2 out of its box at the moment, but if I remember correctly, it doesn't include a base at all. Do Sideshow sell these plain hexagonal bases separately or is there a better option? I thought maybe a couple of the Hot Toys SW bases side-by-side might work but I'm not sure if those are available separately either.

I wish Sideshow had put a little more effort into the base and provided a means of displaying the two together. A sand themed base like they've done in the past would have been nice - doesn't seem unreasonable given the high price point and lack of other accessories. Any thoughts or am I missing something?

I've been lurking here for a little while, but this is my first post. Excited to finally be getting this figure (despite the insane cost and that the AUD just dropped again to add insult to injury). Seems like it's been an even longer wait than usual since pre-ordering.

In terms of the base, I'm wondering how people are planning to display this figure with R2? I don't have my R2 out of its box at the moment, but if I remember correctly, it doesn't include a base at all. Do Sideshow sell these plain hexagonal bases separately or is there a better option? I thought maybe a couple of the Hot Toys SW bases side-by-side might work but I'm not sure if those are available separately either.

I wish Sideshow had put a little more effort into the base and provided a means of displaying the two together. A sand themed base like they've done in the past would have been nice - doesn't seem unreasonable given the high price point and lack of other accessories. Any thoughts or am I missing something?

It's a good point. For two products that seem so obvious to develop together, there wasn't much thought put into how they would be displayed together. I'm probably just going to have these two sans base if I can.

When I actually have a spot for my figures to be permanently set up I've been thinking of ways to try and make the shelf look like they're actually standing on Tatooine. I'd probably try to find something for them to stand on in the midst of the sand so they don't get ruined though.

:welcome1: to the family :family We can be a little dysfunctional at times, but we all love this hobby. Good to have you here!

Good first post. Spot on about the stands. No, SSC R2 doesn't include a stand. It would have been so nice if they made a sandy base that was two separate pieces, one with each figure, that could connect together to make a larger base. Similar to the Big Chief 1/6 Weeping Angel two-pack. Great idea, Bluetrooper. I have my R2 standing upright on two legs in my detolf alongside Yoda and Old Ben. I plan on putting golden rod next to him in a pose like this:

R2 & 3PO.jpg

I'm hoping that no stand will be needed for either figure. R2 stands on his own, and hopefully with his arm resting on R2, C-3PO will be balanced enough to stand without falling over.

Once The Evil Profiteering Sideshow Corporation deliver it and I can see it in hand I'll let you know. Where's my dolly Sideshow, d'you hear me?

WHERE'S MY GODDAM DOLLY?

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Epic post. Nough said. :clap

I will use a generic stand if needed.....perhaps with an evil face sticker base...

Honestly, if you want a sanded Base it's easy to make one, hell I will make them for you guys! (for a nominal fee).

jxcc.jpg

But honoestly , use playsand for kids sand pits.....

A few more days wait really isn't a problem but find it weird that when I called on Friday to move my flex up after seeing others charges going through they allowed it or didn't mention it may be delayed?
As far as bases, I'm hoping they see an opportunity to make more money by producing a "Ben's house environment". Would be a great way to display Ben, Luke, R2 and C3PO.

Back