Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd think in all the time Sideshow has been releasing figures they'd be able to resolve that from happening. I don't have that many of their figures so I don't really know but seems pretty sad if that's an ongoing issue as it seems like it would be a simple fix.

Only seems to happen on their movie logo ones (SW, Indy etc.) - not as much with their generic stands.

Edit - what Worgar said.

Looks to me like the thumbs were just bent the wrong direction, making the mitts look worse and awful. But the figure looks great. My only concerns are the weathering on the side of the face and possibly the hands. Seems as long as the fingers are bent it shouldn't be a huge deal.

Those thumbs do look a bit odd....the do look backward

Sorry, SC Johnson has given it some name changes over time, but this is it:

k2-_a5fd98d9-48ce-488b-8f76-8201f40d5276.v1.jpg-27243801f5e131fc5f7ef91da41867a6ae0fdc3f-optim-450x450.jpg

It is an acrylic clearcoat that self levels and is easy to clean up if you make a mistake. It is a long-standing trick in the scale modeling world (coating canopies for clarity, protective coat for decals, etc). This is the stuff people used on their SS Stormtrooper armor to turn the matte finish the proper gloss.
Straight brush application? Been modeling for a long time, never seen this before! Usually use "wet" clear coat
They did solve it.... they removed the logo. :lol
LOL

Not a fan of the hexagonal stand. As they kinda hard to arrange when close to each other. Thankfully they remove the logo on the base coz in a long period.
The figures feet just stick on the painted logo. So I removed them all from the base.

View attachment 235774

Great set-up!

What did you use to remove the logo off the Sideshow stands?

Eh... nailed is nailed. HT empirically nailed Jack Sparrow (you can nitpick, but no one could deny that,) you didn't need another one even if others came along. That was "definitive." Joker DX01 - other versions followed, different, but no "more nailed" than DX01. Also definitive.

None of their SW sculpts have been nailed like that. But it kind of makes business sense - look at all the "near miss" Arnie sculpts HT has done (squashed head Arnie, teenager Arnie, etc.) - all with "Improvements" like real leather jacket.:slap

Improvements continue, but honestly, developments are far less noticeable than what we were seeing in the 2007 to 2012 period. Sideshow's in its own arrested development time warp and aren't really state of the art, so they aren't included in this.

And real hair and real feel skin?.[emoji38] Demi Moore will approve.:horror

And you want out? Unfortunately, 1/6 collecting is like the Hotel California...
Which Terminator figure had a real leather jacket? I thought they were all pleather?

The Tie Pilot had the Star Wars logo on the new hexagonal stand but underneath instead of on top.

Just been charged for this.Then 3 hours later get email thank the maker updated photos.
Well good or bad?it's coming my way.

Still not shipped! So, it will be four days of them having my money.... and four days of my item sitting somewhere not being delivered to me. By the time they actually pack them on Monday..... it will be to late for UPS to actually start shipping them out. So... now it is Tuesday they will ship. Which means I won't have mine until the following Monday, January 18th.

So it will take 12 days for it to get to my porch and I am paying $18.63 for twelve day shipping?

Time to chat with SSC on Monday!

I had a "chat" (online) with a Sideshow rep yesterday that said it's another dock delay...Threepio is supposed to be at the warehouse next week, hopefully Monday....

I think the production gallery looks pretty good...

Still not shipped! So, it will be four days of them having my money.... and four days of my item sitting somewhere not being delivered to me. By the time they actually pack them on Monday..... it will be to late for UPS to actually start shipping them out. So... now it is Tuesday they will ship. Which means I won't have mine until the following Monday, January 18th.

So it will take 12 days for it to get to my porch and I am paying $18.63 for twelve day shipping?

Time to chat with SSC on Monday!
Yeah I have the same problem What's the deal? Not in stock?
Yeah, I think its BS they charge $20+ for shipping and can't have it out by the day its supposed to have shipped.
I don't get what the big deal is with waiting a few days for it to ship. That's the nature of being first in line for these pre-orders. It would be one thing if the item were listed in-stock, but there are a lot of logistics involved with getting these out and many legitimate reasons for small delays. Doesn't bother me in the least. You lads will still be getting your figure long before anyone else that ordered from one of SSC's distributors

When I spoke with SS earlier this week the CR told me they would be getting the shipment on Thursday.

If you are a business and you get a few thousand items of new inventory you would count and inspect your stock before letting items leave for shipment. There may be damaged and unacceptable that need to be set aside for exchange. Taking a day to sort is not a stretch.

I don't get what the big deal is with waiting a few days for it to ship. That's the nature of being first in line for these pre-orders. It would be one thing if the item were listed in-stock, but there are a lot of logistics involved with getting these out and many legitimate reasons for small delays. Doesn't bother me in the least. You lads will still be getting your figure long before anyone else that ordered from one of SSC's distributors

When I spoke with SS earlier this week the CR told me they would be getting the shipment on Thursday.

If you are a business and you get a few thousand items of new inventory you would count and inspect your stock before letting items leave for shipment. There may be damaged and unacceptable that need to be set aside for exchange. Taking a day to sort is not a stretch.

Agreed on both comments in bold.

Personally, I'm glad it will ship Monday. Means I get it Tuesday.

Prefer that then having it shipped last night and then sit somewhere for two days while the UPS night crew plays soccer with it.

Back