Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get what the big deal is with waiting a few days for it to ship. That's the nature of being first in line for these pre-orders. It would be one thing if the item were listed in-stock, but there are a lot of logistics involved with getting these out and many legitimate reasons for small delays. Doesn't bother me in the least. You lads will still be getting your figure long before anyone else that ordered from one of SSC's distributors

I love the way you think! Logical, realistic and understanding. Rare in this hobby.

I don't get what the big deal is with waiting a few days for it to ship. That's the nature of being first in line for these pre-orders. It would be one thing if the item were listed in-stock, but there are a lot of logistics involved with getting these out and many legitimate reasons for small delays. Doesn't bother me in the least. You lads will still be getting your figure long before anyone else that ordered from one of SSC's distributors

That's cool man ... I don't mind waiting I just didn't understand why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I spoke with SS earlier this week the CR told me they would be getting the shipment on Thursday.

If you are a business and you get a few thousand items of new inventory you would count and inspect your stock before letting items leave for shipment. There may be damaged and unacceptable that need to be set aside for exchange. Taking a day to sort is not a stretch.

Why would SS start with any QC at this point, historically there's been very little at any point in the process.
sarcasm, if not apparent

Plus they really shouldn't charge people if they aren't shipping within twenty-four hours. I don't normally care when it ships but if they're charging it should be ready.

willy-wonka-gene-wilder-suspense-terrible-hope-it-lasts-1366673783y.gif

Plus they really shouldn't charge people if they aren't shipping within twenty-four hours. I don't normally care when it ships but if they're charging it should be ready.
As a general principle, sure, but pre-orders or orders over the holidays should get some leeway, IMO. For example, my last flex on Vader was the 25th (December). Believe I was charged the 26th and it shipped on the 29th or so. Did I get my knickers in a bunch? No! If anyone cares THAT much about it, don't preorder and wait until it shows in stock. Like seriously, who gives a **** if your order ships Monday or Thursday. You'll get your doggone dolly just the same, boys! :lol Honestly I wonder if anyone here has any real problems to put 'dolly not shipping out DAY ONE' into perspective! :lol Ridiculous.

I had a "chat" (online) with a Sideshow rep yesterday that said it's another dock delay...Threepio is supposed to be at the warehouse next week, hopefully Monday....

I think the production gallery looks pretty good...

Not even in the warehouse yet? I thought they only charged when it arrives at the warehouse.

I don't like having money tied up for any reason. That is a valid reason.

When I spoke with SS earlier this week the CR told me they would be getting the shipment on Thursday.

If you are a business and you get a few thousand items of new inventory you would count and inspect your stock before letting items leave for shipment. There may be damaged and unacceptable that need to be set aside for exchange. Taking a day to sort is not a stretch.

Does SSC even inspect product though?

I love the way you think! Logical, realistic and understanding. Rare in this hobby.

So, your calling everyone illogical, unrealistic, and not understanding then for those who wanted this to be shipped already? Thanks.

As a general principle, sure, but pre-orders or orders over the holidays should get some leeway, IMO. For example, my last flex on Vader was the 25th (December). Believe I was charged the 26th and it shipped on the 29th or so. Did I get my knickers in a bunch? No! If anyone cares THAT much about it, don't preorder and wait until it shows in stock. Like seriously, who gives a **** if your order ships Monday or Thursday. You'll get your doggone dolly just the same, boys! :lol Honestly I wonder if anyone here has any real problems to put 'dolly not shipping out DAY ONE' into perspective! :lol Ridiculous.

This isn't over the holidays though. Please tell me what Holiday occupies the date of January 7-8? As I said before, I don't like having money tied up with nothing to show for it.

You need to dial back the truth meter. That's bordering on the SNL Kenner toys commercial territory - a little too much truth for comfort.:lol

This isn't over the holidays though. Please tell me what Holiday occupies the date of January 7-8? As I said before, I don't like having money tied up with nothing to show for it.

They weren't answering the phone multiple times (a couple of times for several days) when I called - they told me via e-mail it was due to the post-holiday rush/catch-up.

I don't like having money tied up for any reason. That is a valid reason.

Hold on a second. Who's money? The money sideshow gets from a credit card transaction is not "your" money. It's the credit card company's. I know you're not hurting for cash, but this is a really important distinction I think a lot of people don't make and why the US and Canada to some degree are in the ****.

Besides, per merchant agreement, they have up to about a month to ship after charging. And you have at least 21 days to pay the credit card company for any transaction.

My thought is, we were charged because SS was seeing a flood of 3PO cancellations because of the questionable weathering...a damage control move. Personally, I kept my order.

Probably charged because they expected the stock to be in the warehouse and wanted to fill orders as quickly as possible to prevent whining. Last minute it turns out the stock won't be in for another day. I pay for my orders in full at the time of ordering, so this isn't something I ever have an issue with at SSC - it's sometimes weeks before something's shipped. I did however have something similar happen to my own business last month.

I was waiting for stock to come in to fill orders I had taken on "back-order" and it was supposed to be at a warehouse for pick-up on December 23. On the morning of the 23rd I was told the freight had arrived and because it was Christmas I wanted to make sure I could get packages out on the 23rd so customers could get packages as soon as possible - otherwise there were going to be two postal holidays coming up (plus the weekend). so I charged customers around lunch time and within a couple of hours I get a call that my goods will be customs cleared only that night and won't be available for pick-up until the 29th (the Tuesday after Christmas). Trying to do a good thing and got screwed.

Last edited:
Wow. Kind of surprised at the turn of this discussion.

I was charged and no shipping notice. First time that has ever happened. Do I agree with it? No. Don't really care why SSC did that. It isn't something they normally do, so not sure why they did it this particular time. I really prefer to be changed only when the item is shipped. You pay a NRD now. Don't see why you should need to be charged before the item goes out. That being said, I don't mind waiting. It is paid for. Big deal that I have to wait a few more days to get it.

And as far as the money goes...yes it is my credit card and the money is "borrowed," but in principle, you can purchase goods or get cash advances. If you cash advance and you're holding the $ is it not yours? If the credit card is essentially the same as a debit card, can you not use it anywhere you choose? Do you not have control over those funds? Sounds like my money to me.

Regardless, why the hell is this the topic of conversation anyway? Seems like a pointless subject to be getting into a semi heated discussion over. And the above is my opinion only and not to be taken seriously by anyone but me. It is "my" money, and what I do with it is my business alone. Period. Really don't give two ****s what anyone thinks. I pay the bill so it isn't up to anyone but me :wink1:

As for the wait? I'm cool with it. I'm still excited for this guy. I am staying positive about this release cause I think he is going to look great in hand. Excited for photos to start rolling in when CA residents get their deliveries first.

Actually, mine can be used as both for security purposes since it has a coded chip and pin code access. And my bank account has credit limit overdraft protection, so if I were to go over my limit it acts as credit on my debit card account. This is apples to oranges based on modern account services and technologies, especially for military credit unions, which I use. So, there are different kinds of cheese...much like opinions. Respectfully, I can understand yours, Pixel.

Can we go back to 3PO, please? Is anyone else going to try modding the weathering?

Can we go back to 3PO, please? Is anyone else going to try modding the weathering?

Once The Evil Profiteering Sideshow Corporation deliver it and I can see it in hand I'll let you know. Where's my dolly Sideshow, d'you hear me?

WHERE'S MY GODDAM DOLLY?

Jack-Nicholson.gif

Back