Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just canceled the Hot Toys C-3PO pre-order even though it hasn't been announced yet.

Good call. Money is tight right now so I canceled my Wampa pre-order--I even called Sideshow to make sure that it's really canceled but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

Good call. Money is tight right now so I canceled my Wampa pre-order--I even called Sideshow to make sure that it's really canceled but they don't seem to know what I'm talking about.

Lots of people are cancelling their 1:6 HT Millenium Falcon pre-orders based on rumored quality issues.

Lots of people are cancelling their 1:6 HT Millenium Falcon pre-orders based on rumored quality issues.

I was going to cancel mine due to the size, but this past weekend I just said "screw it" and bought a large property with a huge barn. I'm renovating it now as a showroom. The great thing about it is that there's another building in back that's easy to expand (it's modular) so I'll probably be able to fit one of the smaller Star Destroyers as well. Sweet!

But don't get me wrong, I know I'll have to wait a little while for these to be released. BUt the way Hot Toys is blowing out announcements every three or four days, it can't possibly be too much longer.

Last edited:
I was going to cancel mine due to the size, but this past weekend I just said "screw it" and bought a large property with a huge barn. I'm renovating it now as a showroom. The great thing about it is that there's another building in back that's easy to expand (it's modular) so I'll probably be able to fit one of the smaller Star Destroyers as well. Sweet!

But don't get me wrong, I know I'll have to wait a little while for these to be released. BUt the way Hot Toys is blowing out announcements every three or four days, it can't possibly be too much longer.

I'm canceling my ss barn for the ht version. Hope the rubber plumbing doesn't disintegrate.

OK, so R2 height question answered...

2132-luke-skywalker-red-five-x-wing-pilot-013.jpg

So Luke is $240, does that mean Threepio is gonna be $480? Lord, think I am done with collecting with these prices

lol no kidding, at this rate the SSC threepio will be more than that incredible Tamashii Nations droid!

And yet R2 was only $150 with a completely unique body and tons of accessories! I know they can and will re-use the R2 mold for plenty of variants, but the flightsuit and new body can also be re-used as well for plenty of other figures.

It's beyond baffling...

Not really, that lopsided photo. This one is more clear on even platform.

Look, just trying to help. Sorry. I know I shouldn't.

More helpful...

25tj686.png

3PO's looking like a $259.99 figure.

At which point I will go hunting for Tamashiis.

My guess is $279.99. Very limited re-use. R2's a gold mine of variants.

And why not get the Tama now - you'll have (possibly superior) 3PO in hand 18 months earlier for only about $100 more.

My guess is $279.99. Very limited re-use. R2's a gold mine of variants.

Is there a big market for other droids? At the same price as R2? Maybe at $80 for some people. But I still don't expect it to be a lot of people, not in R2 numbers.

It would be amazing (and now unexpected) to get 3PO for the same price as R2. $300 2-pack. Done. Yeah, likely wishful thinking.

Is there a big market for other droids? At the same price as R2? Maybe at $80 for some people. But I still don't expect it to be a lot of people, not in R2 numbers.

It would be amazing (and now unexpected) to get 3PO for the same price as R2. $300 2-pack. Done. Yeah, likely wishful thinking.

Black imperial R2? Pop on a new head for R5-D4 when they release the SSC jawas? Maybe those Royal droids (blue/yellow, all-red) if they do a couple of prequel figures. I think those first two would be good for $130 figures when every human-scale figure is averaging $225.

Can't find Tama for $200.

But you will wait eighteen months without a 3PO and then pay $250+ for a possibly inferior 3PO.

The SSC 3PO looks great (a few nits aside - the bulbous chin is a bigger issue to me,) but there's a whole lot that can go wrong with finish.

Back