Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That 3po picture just shows how individual all of the masks were even within one film. Threepio's eyes are different sizes

Ah well, I'll buy it and I'll enjoy it. Oversized chin and all.

Yeah, it's not just lighting but I'll buy it anyway. Overall this is shaping up to be one of Sideshow's best, and I love that they got a bit of articulation into the elbows.

Both the IG-88 and Snowtrooper (and Vader come to think of it) had head inaccuracies that were pretty noticeable in pics, but in-hand they somehow melt away.

it's smaller. it's a little too 'closed'. but if you line up the details, they line up!

It could be worse... it could be too "open" like the 1978 version haha.

IMG_6468.jpg

I wonder why no news on this one lately?

CAHobbit seemed to suggest it would be longer to PO for 3PO.

A SSC guy in a SDCC video also seemed to infer it was not as far along as it looked - despite it looking great and ready for PO!:gah:

CAHobbit seemed to suggest it would be longer to PO for 3PO.

A SSC guy in a SDCC video also seemed to infer it was not as far along as it looked - despite it looking great and ready for PO!:gah:

It's gonna be like Grievous. SS clearly got spooked by the HT license and displayed as much at SDCC as they could. They showed four figures at SDCC this yea and three months later we've only had one up for PO.

I'd be surprised if we get a 3PO PO this year.

SS clearly got spooked by the HT license and displayed as much at SDCC as they could. They showed four figures at SDCC this yea and three months later we've only had one up for PO.

I kind of agree -- not spooked, but I do think they wanted to show everyone that they're still in the game and haven't "lost it" yet.

Still in the game, but won't be able to compete with Hot Toys quality.

I'm not sure where people get this "HT quality" from - I can see people who don't own either saying that. Products from both have pluses and minuses. We can leave it at that. But if you want more, Hot Toys stuff falls apart and degrades, perhaps more so than Sideshow stuff.

If you want to compare pre-release images of upcoming products they're all looking pretty good, except HT Hank Solo. It's unfair to judge unreleased product against released though, so I'll give that figure the benefit of the doubt until in-hand images come up. Just like I'll do to the Sideshow figures, of which the new human figures look to have excellent face sculpts, much better than HT has done with SW and many of their other licenses. But we'll see.

I'm not sure where people get this "HT quality" from - I can see people who don't own either saying that. Products from both have pluses and minuses. We can leave it at that. But if you want more, Hot Toys stuff falls apart and degrades, perhaps more so than Sideshow stuff.

If you want to compare pre-release images of upcoming products they're all looking pretty good, except HT Hank Solo. It's unfair to judge unreleased product against released though, so I'll give that figure the benefit of the doubt until in-hand images come up. Just like I'll do to the Sideshow figures, of which the new human figures look to have excellent face sculpts, much better than HT has done with SW and many of their other licenses. But we'll see.

I agree, no company is without sin. But Hot Toys has definitely raised the bar and by far has production pieces that are pretty damn close to their prototypes. IMO SSC still has major issues when it comes to Production.

I agree, no company is without sin. But Hot Toys has definitely raised the bar and by far has production pieces that are pretty damn close to their prototypes. IMO SSC still has major issues when it comes to Production.

Yes, I'm in agreement with this too. Which is why everyone is so eager to see the new releases in hand. By all accounts Vader, while it had all manner of issues, look at the very least, the same as the product images on the site.

Back