Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they're small, and you might lose one. :lecture

Got to work early today, and had time to kill. So I did this really quick. :wave

24359631635_4a21c86a3b_k.jpg

I'm speechless.

Got to work early today, and had time to kill. So I did this really quick. :wave

I see absolutely no reason not to quote this picture again! I love the way you've posed them, very creative - I would have just had them in a straight line. But not after seeing this.

Well, my Threepio arrived and I've had some time with him and I have to say that I am really excited by this figure!

The gold paint is mesmerizing. I can't believe how much sheen they got out of this paint. I imagine this must be where a majority of the COST came into play. In fact, I wish they had used this silver paint (on the right leg) for R2's dome.

This thing looks like real metal!

First, no broken pistons, no scratches or things like that -- so good for me. I do have some 'flashing' on the knees -- which is my biggest gripe -- and that will require some extra "grime" to hide it. Some of the "oil" weathering is better placed (like the drips) than others (every crease seems to be penciled in)... but we knew that.

Again, the overall paint is so great, it really doesn't bother me.

Another thing I like, is that the sharp "spikes" on the forehead and outside both knees is a soft vinyl so they won't snap off. Brilliant idea!

The light up eyes work beautifully -- my head popped out easily, no issues.

The pistons work fine in their slides -- just be gentle. Threepio likes it gentle.

He has more articulation that I was expecting.

He is also HEAVIER than I was expecting. He's not loose and jingly or flimsy -- he's definitely lighter than the "metal" paint would lead you to believe but he's far weightier than R2. He weights about what Hasbro's Threepio weighs. He's light but not in a ridiculous way.

Overall -- this is my new favorite figure! I am truly thrilled by what Sideshow has done here... honestly. This is a great way to go out!

3PO COMP 2.jpg

Nice photo Rook and glad you like him Wor-Gar! Very happy to hear SS did a great job on him. Looking forward to this one.

o man, all the pics and reviews have me thoroughly convinced that I need this guy! Thanks everyone, especially for all the great pics!

Great quick review, Wor-Gar.

Just two more days before he arrives here.

P.S. It's truly a scary thing when both Toht and Torrance synchronize with their mouths open... :eek

Thanks for the thoughts, Wor-gar, glad you like it. It really did come out pretty damn good.

It's truly a scary thing when both Toht and Torrance synchronize with their mouths open... :eek

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. :lol Thanks, guys. It's a great lineup, and I'm thrilled with how seamlessly the figures from both companies work with each other.

While this proves that SSC can still hit robots out of the park, Rook's pic also proves SSC R2 is about 10% too small overall - not just height - next to everyone (yes, I flopped the ref pic so they're in the same order.) It's not a huge thing at all but notice it each time I see him on the shelf.

r2%20height_zpsgwule5mp.png

Oddly enough, I just came across that image while doing some research this week. Hadn't seen it before. Weird that I'm seeing it twice in one week. :lol

Last edited:

Amazing!

You know what is so great about this? It embodies the characters and captures them perfectly.

Why? Because they are simple poses.

Well, my Threepio arrived and I've had some time with him and I have to say that I am really excited by this figure!

The gold paint is mesmerizing. I can't believe how much sheen they got out of this paint. I imagine this must be where a majority of the COST came into play. In fact, I wish they had used this silver paint (on the right leg) for R2's dome.

This thing looks like real metal!

First, no broken pistons, no scratches or things like that -- so good for me. I do have some 'flashing' on the knees -- which is my biggest gripe -- and that will require some extra "grime" to hide it. Some of the "oil" weathering is better placed (like the drips) than others (every crease seems to be penciled in)... but we knew that.

Again, the overall paint is so great, it really doesn't bother me.

Another thing I like, is that the sharp "spikes" on the forehead and outside both knees is a soft vinyl so they won't snap off. Brilliant idea!

The light up eyes work beautifully -- my head popped out easily, no issues.

The pistons work fine in their slides -- just be gentle. Threepio likes it gentle.

He has more articulation that I was expecting.

He is also HEAVIER than I was expecting. He's not loose and jingly or flimsy -- he's definitely lighter than the "metal" paint would lead you to believe but he's far weightier than R2. He weights about what Hasbro's Threepio weighs. He's light but not in a ridiculous way.

Overall -- this is my new favorite figure! I am truly thrilled by what Sideshow has done here... honestly. This is a great way to go out!

Nice, glad to hear you're so happy with him. I'm expecting to feel similarly about the figure; really seems like Sideshow is doing well on some of these recent; non-human portrait figures. I loved the Tie Pilot; R2 was very nice overall (aside from doors that flopped open) and C-3PO seems to be another winner.

If they could just get the paint work on the humans consistent and up to par we'd be in good shape.

Has anyone figured out what's going on with the retarded thumbs?

Can they be twisted into the correct position?

Back