Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it's odd... I can now see Keaton, but it's still such an odd expression. I think someone earlier said "baffled" and I think that's about right... and "baffled" is just not the right look for Beetlejuice :lol

I can see that they were probably going for a "hey, trust me" sort of look, but just missed the mark.

And I'm not sure about this, but it looks like Sideshow was smart and created sculpted forearms with the watches as part of the sculpt making a bit of a sleeve for the wrist peg. That's pretty damn smart, surprising none of the custom versions thought of that :lol

Even with the so-so head I think I'll still pick this up, the rest of him is great and I saw on IG that Caine is working on a new Beetlejuice, so I'm confident we'll be able to get a hell of a figure for a lot less than what a custom would run.

I agree with this statement 100%. Not sure what kind of look they were going for with Punisher, but it's not a good one.

At least in the photo from MWCToys the Punisher looked okay... the white of the gloves and boots isn't quite as bright. Still, odd not to just go all white with the harnesses to get a more classic look.

sdcc2015_sideshow_124.jpg

Good it's "pending approval" because the portrait looks terrible. Actually Beetlejuice is one character that should come with multiple head sculpts. They've probably got time to fix it so won't worry too much yet.

it's a pity that they chose the wrong face expression, and to avoid using rooted hair... the tailoring looks amazing.

I'm glad they went with sculpted hair. Real hair doesn't work on mass produce figures and it would look ugly. Even HT can't get it right, so there's no way SS could pull that off without the figure having a huge gap on the head. The expression is my only complain and maybe the boots. The boots are wrong, but even the $1000 dollar custom figures didn't get them right.

it's a pity that they chose the wrong face expression, and to avoid using rooted hair... the tailoring looks amazing.

Would liked to see him with rooted hair also, but it`s an ok for me. The expression on the other hand is an odd choice.

I'm glad they went with sculpted hair. Real hair doesn't work on mass produce figures and it would look ugly. Even HT can't get it right, so there's no way SS could pull that off without the figure having a huge gap on the head. The expression is my only complain and maybe the boots. The boots are wrong, but even the $1000 dollar custom figures didn't get them right.

I agree. There's no way Sideshow wouldn't **** up rooted hair so I'm glad they went with sculpted as well.

I definitely see Keaton in the sculpt. Perhaps a little chubby but he's definitely there.

The hair is a mixed bag. Sculpted is easier to mass produce but like some of the Joker customs out there, when real hair is used, it takes the figure to a completely higher level.

I like this figure so far.

I think the headsculpt and expression is terrible on this figure to be honest. Very disappointed in this.

I tried to photoshop it a bit really quickly to see what it could look like if they tweaked it a bit by changing the eyes and opening the whites around his eyes(as it's the most characteristic thing about Beetlejuice), changing the dark shadows around his eyes, changing the eyebrow position and expression, completely softening up or removing his forehead wrinkles, and the top of his head is a bit bubblehead like where it's a bit larger than what it should be so I pushed it in a bit.

beetlejuice sideshow2122.jpg

Yep, the change to the eyes and forehead make all the difference... I wonder if just revising the eye make-up alone would be enough?

It's pretty staggering how much that little change brings out both Keaton and the character.

Back