Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they would just revisit the paint around the eyes it would look really good. The more makeup they added around the eyes the more surprised he looks. That photoshop manip is actually pretty good. I don't even think they need to adjust the sculpt at all just the paint apps.

It baffles me that no one notices this stuff that works for Sideshow. :cuckoo:

If they would just revisit the paint around the eyes it would look really good. The more makeup they added around the eyes the more surprised he looks. That photoshop manip is actually pretty good. I don't even think they need to adjust the sculpt at all just the paint apps.

It baffles me that no one notices this stuff that works for Sideshow. :cuckoo:

Agreed... and on this one it is such a minor alteration and you instantly see what they were going for and how good the sculpt actually is. While I generally don't like the endless PS modifications, this one really should be considered by Sideshow.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

As they say paint makes or breaks a figure/statue

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Keaton has very distinctive eyebrows. That's why the custom BJ figures "look" like him, even though the sculpts aren't that great. Even the old Kenner figures "looked" like him.
I think you're right, in the sense of the PS mods here. Eyebrow change makes it look more like Keaton, but it's still not enough of Keaton to really jump out at me. However, as GB said before, Rocco's Beetlejuice really did get at the Keaton likeness IMO. Probably better than any other 1/6 scale sculpt I've seen of BJ or Bruce Wayne. His sculpt suffers from being less refined than, say, Beto's or Caine's, but Rocco has a gift for capturing likeness and it is on display in that sculpt.

The sculpt on this is bad but I really don't like the hair either. This is one of the few times where I think rooted hair on a male figure is necessary.

I still think it looks dead on in terms of likeness. Was expectin' something faaar worse from Sideshow.
Expression is the only thing that throws people off, mostly because it's just goofy and not maniacal.

Yeah, I just sent that PS picture to them on FB, and I also sent them this picture for consideration. It's up to them now.

6sDQ4NC.gif

lets all do the same. I will be sending them the pic via facebook and twitter and tag them on instagram.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

I think this looks killer but definitely an odd expression. I see Keaton for sure.

Back