Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped buying SSC figures long ago (even before the Joe line ended) because I think what they charge for what they produce is crazy. But money talks. If they weren't profiting, they wouldn't keep churning out 1/6 scale stuff. So, someone's buying things like the Uncharted figure, Snake Plisskin, Indy, etc.

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

I come back to this one when I need a good laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I come back to this one when I need a good laugh.

I do the same thing....

The refusal to listen to the mountain of valid criticism is highly enjoyable.....this is flop of the year....
200.gif

I went back to fhe start of this thread and its so weird how it was teased 2 years ago and the initial teaser poster was so promising. People went nuts for it and were so full of hope and joy. They were talking about getting lydia, dioramas of the whorehouse etc Be interesting to see the final results as the punisher looked so good in the proto pics but the final product was a little off, the shine of the acrylic paints still on the sculpt and he looked so orange.
acad78b4018bb2bb4266096168223fdd.jpg

Sadly this is the reality of Sideshow not having a passion for a license. They tease it build up hype but then let us down and in effect lose a lot of sales and ignore their fan base. It's such a shame they couldn't fix the sculpt and it had so much potential and would of sold well had they had made some good effort.

I think everyone agree's that sideshow really doesn't care about what they put out. As a result it's going to bite them very soon, when sales drop and they end up losing money that's when they might understand that people won't pay high prices for a piece of lack lustre garbage like this. Such a shame that the amateurs screwed up something that we all felt passionate about even when fans told them face to face it was rubbish they ignored the comment.:mad:

Sideshow = a company that doesn't care about it's fan base or the products it sells clearly. :toilet_cl

I went back to fhe start of this thread and its so weird how it was teased 2 years ago and the initial teaser poster was so promising. People went nuts for it and were so full of hope and joy. They were talking about getting lydia, dioramas of the whorehouse etc Be interesting to see the final results as the punisher looked so good in the proto pics but the final product was a little off, the shine of the acrylic paints still on the sculpt and he looked so orange.
acad78b4018bb2bb4266096168223fdd.jpg

Sadly this is the reality of Sideshow not having a passion for a license. They tease it build up hype but then let us down and in effect lose a lot of sales and ignore their fan base. It's such a shame they couldn't fix the sculpt and it had so much potential and would of sold well had they had made some good effort.

I think everyone agree's that sideshow really doesn't care about what they put out. As a result it's going to bite them very soon, when sales drop and they end up losing money that's when they might understand that people won't pay high prices for a piece of lack lustre garbage like this. Such a shame that the amateurs screwed up something that we all felt passionate about even when fans told them face to face it was rubbish they ignored the comment.:mad:

Sideshow = a company that doesn't care about it's fan base or the products it sells clearly. :toilet_cl

Recently since Hot Toys Deadpool came out people having been selling their sideshow deadpool in a bid to "upgrade" to the movie version. Which is a shame as I think sideshow should be on par with HT but simply can't get there. I suspect that they will stop 1/6 scale soon if they are getting more cash from the imports. Why try as hard when you can get more moolah from aomeone elses hard work. Simple maths.

I don't buy Sideshow anymore because the quality doesn't match the price - something like Beetlejuice would've been an exception because I really love and have a lot of nostalgia for the movie and cartoon, and was hoping that since he was so heavily made up (not a plain human sculpt), it could come out well.

But wow, that sculpt expression choice just killed it.

Someday I would love to have a high quality 1/6th Beetlejuice and Lydia (she's probably a grail for me).

After much thought and review I was very excited for this figure. I recently watched the movie and this figure's sculpt is not that great for the price. I agree with most of you on here. This is an easy pass. SS just stopped caring.

I stopped buying SSC figures long ago (even before the Joe line ended) because I think what they charge for what they produce is crazy. But money talks. If they weren't profiting, they wouldn't keep churning out 1/6 scale stuff. So, someone's buying things like the Uncharted figure, Snake Plisskin, Indy, etc.

In the same breath though...they keep repackaging past figures with less accessories and call them new.. so I think there is some issue with profit there.

When are people going to wake up. Sideshow could give 2 s@&t's what people think. They loved the fact majority of catwoman and Harley bodies disintegrated on shelves. They don't care you have limited poseabilty of green lantern. Or their paint applications is slightly bad if not worse than kumik. Or the turd they called Indy with gigantic hat or magnets that pop off.

Because at the end of the day there is always some sucker that's willing to shell out the dough willing to accept a turd sandwich.

When are people going to wake up. Sideshow could give 2 s@&t's what people think. sandwich.

Especially here on the forums.

bottom line,as long as people keep buying their stuff,there is no reason to change and improve the final product as they will continue doing their "interpretations" as long as people keep buying

Sadly not even that. Sideshow is like most CEO dumbazz they will chuck it up as the 1/6 scale is not marketable and move on. That way they never have to accept they need to evolve or grow and do better. That is the way business people think. To them it's buy and shut up. Not buying a product doesn't mean they learn anything. They will blame it on the character and genre as not 1/6 market ready. That's why we won't see much more from DC 1/6 scale because their failures is actually DC marketability fault not theirs. See how they get out of taking any responsibility and here on freaks sideshow has their own trolls to keep people pro sideshow and delete comments to maintain control.

Back