Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

I don't understand the hate considering it looks really good lmao

Re: 1/6 SSC Beetlejuice figure

I think it looks fine. It's one of many Beetlejuice expression. His character is spontaneous and doesn't sit at one expression. I think it works well... If it was more of a surprised it's showtime look it would have been better but I think the sculpt nailed the likeness for sure.

I think what throws people off is the paint app. The purple around his eyes is off a little bit. Sculpted hair sucks too.

Yep the likeness is definitely there. I think the problem with his expression is that his eyes are opened too wide. He is kind of a dark character, even with his humor. He loses that evil side with this facial expression IMO. Even if they were going for something like this his mouth shouldn't be as relaxed as it is in this sculpt.

Beetlejuice.jpg

Yep the likeness is definitely there. I think the problem with his expression is that his eyes are opened too wide. He is kind of a dark character, even with his humor. He loses that evil side with this facial expression IMO. Even if they were going for something like this his mouth shouldn't be as relaxed as it is in this sculpt.

Beetlejuice.jpg
Yes, the eyes have to give him a deranged looked regardless of how open they are. No matter if it's the eyes themselves or the paint around them on the SS sculpt, he just has a silly look. That's why I had to get Caine's sculpt.

I'm really curious how this will turn out. It's sort of unbelievable that they're selling the tombstone separately. What accessories would he come with anyway? Handful of snakes or a finger with a ring on it? lol

I'm really curious how this will turn out. It's sort of unbelievable that they're selling the tombstone separately. What accessories would he come with anyway? Handful of snakes or a finger with a ring on it? lol

Snake yes, but the finger goes with the tuxedo outfit. He should come with a comb, a cigarette, a mall tombstone with rubber grass for him to sit on, and some hands, including the gun hand.

MpLpTlY.gif

If I was in charge of the project, I'd include a second sculpt, along with everything else I mentioned.

I was being a bit sarcastic. I was pointing out that anything they could give him outside of a tombstone or carousel arms/hat would be pointless. The gun hand would be a nice touch too.

No kidding. I think they captured Keatons features well. There's just good reason why head sculpts are neutral, posing. With this he's only going to look good in a standing shrug. I think if they narrowed the eyes some it might work better. With the po coming up soon I guess we won't see any changes.

No kidding. I think they captured Keatons features well. There's just good reason why head sculpts are neutral, posing. With this he's only going to look good in a standing shrug. I think if they narrowed the eyes some it might work better. With the po coming up soon I guess we won't see any changes.

I'm :pray: the figure comes with a second sculpt. If they can do it with Deadpool and some of the Marvel figures, then BJ should get two as well.

My biggest issue with sideshow is that all their figures are the exact same height. That's why even buying this for the clothes won't look right when you having him standing toe to toe next to Jason and he towers over Freddy.

Had no clue. That kinda sucks. How do they compare to ht size wise? Short, tall, or bulky?

Height wise they're a TTM 20 about 12 inches but thinner like a TTM 19. A tall lanky body. This is okay if you're just a sideshow collector and not fussed about keeping the figures in realistic proportion to their actual height, but if you are then the clothes will be too big. The guy who played Beetlejuice is about 5'9 and needs to be on a shorter body.

Back