Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt has grown on me, but it definitely not what I would have chosen for his main look. It's expressive which is nice, but not really characteristic of the Beetlejuice.

I do have the Caine sculpt, so at the very least I can just swap the head out and still come out a lot cheaper than a full custom would have cost me.

I have the Caine sculpt, too, but is it a straight swap? Caine's sculpt has a neck, but I can't tell if the neck on Sideshow's is molded as part of the body or not.

headsculpt is one of the worst ive seen from SS on a prototype before

411750.jpg

Last edited:
This is so disappointing. Beetlejuice is essentially my grail piece... And it looks like that.

not sure how peoplesay this is bad

it looks just like him

the expression is on point do, but the expression sucks and could have been a little more...oomph

If you don't get that tombstone with him what accessories do come with Beetlejuice?

Tombstone is for sure separate. It'll be interesting to see what accessories they choose for him. Id rather have 0 accessories and just have had the tombstone with him.

If you don't get that tombstone with him what accessories do come with Beetlejuice?

I was really hoping the tombstone was included with him.
Wishful thinking maybe?

Tombstone is for sure separate. It'll be interesting to see what accessories they choose for him. Id rather have 0 accessories and just have had the tombstone with him.

It's the wrong tombstone anyway. That tombstone is not even compatible with the stripe suit Beetlejuice. That's the big tombstone from his grave and some of the promotional pics, but again, not related to any of the scenes this figure is from.

If they make the tuxedo BJ, then great, that tombstone will be a nice display piece to go with it.

ACH9HYk.jpg

PtRTeQ1.jpg

This is the only tombstone that should come with the figure....with a piece of fake rubber grass :lol

NKfxgW9.jpg

6mzL975.jpg

^^ Looks like the figure's facial expression.

I have the Caine sculpt, too, but is it a straight swap? Caine's sculpt has a neck, but I can't tell if the neck on Sideshow's is molded as part of the body or not.

It will depend a bit on what body they decide to use... if it's like some of the recent figures (like Drake, Tie Fighter pilot, etce and has a fixed neck) you'd need to either remove the neck from the Caine sculpt, alter the body or use a new body. Only concern I'd have over using a completely new body is those forearms will likely have a very specific connector.

If it's like a traditional body (with a 2 piece neck) then it should still swap out easily as you could use a short neck plug on the body to work with the Caine sculpt. One of the reasons I haven't painted mine yet is I want to have the Sideshow figure in-hand so I can get the colors to match and figure out what (if any) mods need to be done ahead of time.

The rubber grass would be cool!

Yeah, that would be pretty damn cool.

The sculpt is fantastic but I hate the expression and am disappointed that sideshow didn't change it. He looks like he's 2 knuckles in to getting his prostate checked.

I'm just hoping that this is the main sculpt and SSC will have a second evil sculpt that we'll see with the full reveal next week.

It will depend a bit on what body they decide to use... if it's like some of the recent figures (like Drake, Tie Fighter pilot, etce and has a fixed neck) you'd need to either remove the neck from the Caine sculpt, alter the body or use a new body. Only concern I'd have over using a completely new body is those forearms will likely have a very specific connector.

If it's like a traditional body (with a 2 piece neck) then it should still swap out easily as you could use a short neck plug on the body to work with the Caine sculpt. One of the reasons I haven't painted mine yet is I want to have the Sideshow figure in-hand so I can get the colors to match and figure out what (if any) mods need to be done ahead of time.

I won't be happy if it turns into a major project to swap out the head. I have a painted/haired head from Caine, which I'd rather not modify, so I may want to keep the Caine head for another version of the character. I'd like to have a version with Beetlejuice in one of the two sets of clothing he wears in the introductory cemetery scene (the "Guide" clothes or Adam clothes) as either one would be more consistent with the Sideshow tombstone. Bashing one of those wouldn't be any easier (hands would be an issue with a new body + clothing commission), but having Beetlejuice in his "Guide" uniform suspended over the tombstone with a dynamic stand would be an awesome display. I guess we'll wait and see what we get from Sideshow.

I hope for once Sideshow listened and redid the head sculpt. It just baffles me that anyone in the decision-making process, could approve that expression. I mean they must have at least one big fan on board to even get it green lit overall, but of course In my line work I find people get too scared to voice criticisms and projects fail all the time. I was really looking forward to this figure, so I hope this works out.

it really is a stupid expression on his face. Looks like hes about to hit a deer with his car look. Of all the expressions they could have chosen why did they choose this lame one..

Back