Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odd that people don't consider hands to be accessories.

It's funny though, considering what hands actually cost to manufacture, compared to what they sell for at places like Toy Anxiety. They're more or less selling at cost.

Odd that people don't consider hands to be accessories.

It's funny though, considering what hands actually cost to manufacture, compared to what they sell for at places like Toy Anxiety. They're more or less selling at cost.

I agree, but $240 for a figure with some hands is just ridiculous. At least include a second head sculpt....and I'll take less hands if that helps keeping the price low.

This is ****ing gross. :lol

A weird choice for a facial expression, no second portrait, almost zero accessories, the bare minimum, yet it's $240. Then the separate grave is $124? Huh? That's what Hot Toys basically charged for their diecast Robocop a Mechanical chair which had rolling wheels, metal, moveable parts, wires, 4 intricate parts and working lights. The tombstone is just a simple, glorified base in comparison. Other companies would include the tombstone WITH the Beetlejuice for near or less than $240, Hot Toys and Asmus included!

Now people made excuses for their recent price hikes for their barebones Star Wars figures that I could see like Disney and the cost of licensing, but now with this Beetlejuice figure, I think it's just Sideshow. Dunno what they're thinking with this.

At this price point, none of Sideshow's figures are going to sell out any time soon. This will be available to order for a couple years.

So what accessories does he actually come with? All I'm seeing is the nail file and the exclusive only handbook. Does he even have a stand? This is really a terrible offering by Sideshow. Could you imagine what we would get from Hot Toys for $240? They could probably throw in the tombstone for that price.

That's worse than I feared... and from the pictures I can't tell if he has sculpted forearms with the watches. That at least would add a bit of extra cost to this figure, but if they skipped that part (which was present on all 3 custom version so far) it will be a big disappointment.

Yea 240 for this is nuts. I would love to see their price breakdown. :lol

Figure- $25
Piss-poor paint- -$1
Licensing fees- $1
Price gouge- $215

This is ****ing gross. :lol

A weird choice for a facial expression, no second portrait, almost zero accessories, the bare minimum, yet it's $240. Then the separate grave is $124? Huh? That's what Hot Toys basically charged for their diecast Robocop a Mechanical chair which had rolling wheels, metal, moveable parts, wires, 4 intricate parts and working lights. The tombstone is just a simple, glorified base in comparison. Other companies would include the tombstone WITH the Beetlejuice for near or less than $240, Hot Toys and Asmus included!

Now people made excuses for their recent price hikes for their barebones Star Wars figures that I could see like Disney and the cost of licensing, but now with this Beetlejuice figure, I think it's just Sideshow. Dunno what they're thinking with this.

I hope no one PO this figure and SS chokes on it, so that they'll have to lower the price or include a second sculpt as some kind of incentive.

Crazy that I can get Hot Toys Rey and BB-8 for only $30 more than accessory free, odd expression, likely piss poor production paint job Beetlejuice.this is going to be heavily discounted in the future, for sure.

Ash is grossly overpriced but I will regret not getting him. Beetlejuice is even more overpriced yet I think I can live without him until a heavy discount. Pats self on back for self control.

Crazy that I can get Hot Toys Rey and BB-8 for only $30 more than accessory free, odd expression, likely piss poor production paint job Beetlejuice.this is going to be heavily discounted in the future, for sure.

That really does put it into perspective... and I believe BB8 has a light up feature? He does at least come with a nice assortment of hands, but jeez what a disappointing release. And if the face was tweaked into a good expression I'd maybe feel some justification; but this is just not right.

At this price point, none of Sideshow's figures are going to sell out any time soon. This will be available to order for a couple years.

i figured with red five luke they were testing the waters on how far they could push a bare bones figure with a price like that. so far they still have the EX in stock....so my guess is that it didn't work. since, they tried it a few more times, and now this. so i guess they aren't testing anything. they really feel that this price is the best for business approach. thats fine. but they are going down. maybe not this year, but this business model is not sustainable. not from veteran collectors anyway. how is it possible they continue to make the same ****** decisions over and over again??

Sl0cKx3.jpg

It does look nice in that shot...but $240 for just a figure and some hands....plus a $25 dollar non refundable deposit?

7eLlW3T.png

That really does put it into perspective... and I believe BB8 has a light up feature? He does at least come with a nice assortment of hands, but jeez what a disappointing release. And if the face was tweaked into a good expression I'd maybe feel some justification; but this is just not right.

Plus Rey and BB8 are imports from china, the price SS give us is more expensive because the make their money and even that is less from what beetlejuice and the tomb costs.

Figure- $25
Piss-poor paint- -$1
Licensing fees- $1
Price gouge- $215
Yanz8dr.gif

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the forearms arms aren't sculpted.

To Fabio's point, we knew the Star Wars license excuse wasn't legit after seeing Ash. Please review galactiboy's post for more details on this issue.

I just can't believe that after all the delay the are so blindly arrogant that they haven't change the headsculpt. The bugged out eyes completely ruin this figure. I'm not paying this amount for a second tier character, of some but moderate interest to me, only to have to completely replace the head.

Back