Sideshow 1/6 Beetlejuice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt itself is fantastic. Total HT quality imo. That being said the expression they chose was terrible and not fitting of his character if you ask me. Beetlejuice is a sinister *********. He needs that sinister aspect in his sculpt. This expression also doesn't really allow for various poses.

Ya I agree, the expression on the SSC sculpt actually reminds me of that guy from Police Academy (just looked it up, his name is Zed), I can pretty much hear his weird noises with that look on his face lol.

I'm pretty sure they are getting their 80s characters mixed up since they both look kinda similar, except Beetljuice is supposed to be in control, unlike the clueless guy from Police Academy. It just feels out of character.

XphlME1Gzed-mcglunk.png

zed_from_police_academy_by_tiiinamari1.jpg

tumblr_nr7f5nwhzU1u3s0roo1_1280.jpg

----

Last edited:
Even if they go with that sculpt, it really doesn't matter. Look at that paint job, it will look nothing like that. Look at those hands, not even close to what you will get. The paint jobs they are using on these newer protos(Beetle, Ash, LUKE) are a slap in the face to the customers from a major player in this hobby.

I think it's enough to work with, and if it comes in at a reasonable price, I'll be plenty happy.

I heard a rumour that the reason we haven't heard anymore is because if the feedback when they showed it.Apparently they saw and read a lot of comments about it being a let down so there could be a 5% chance they are redoing the sculpt.

Anything is possible.

A chance? People were twitting them pics saying how beetlejuice really looked. I' ve read on their facebook a lot of comments and people sending them emails with reference pics. So I think they know we dont like it, plus rooted hair is the big preference.

Ya I agree, the expression on the SSC sculpt actually reminds me of that guy from Police Academy (just looked it up, his name is Zed), I can pretty much hear his weird noises with that look on his face lol.

I'm pretty sure they are getting their 80s characters mixed up since they both look kinda similar, except Beetljuice is supposed to be in control, unlike the clueless guy from Police Academy. It just feels out of character.

XphlME1Gzed-mcglunk.png

----

Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Even if they go with that sculpt, it really doesn't matter. Look at that paint job, it will look nothing like that. Look at those hands, not even close to what you will get. The paint jobs they are using on these newer protos(Beetle, Ash, LUKE) are a slap in the face to the customers from a major player in this hobby.

SS seems to suck when it comes to human characters like, Snake Plisken and Luke Skywalker, but I have their 1/6 Joker figure, and the sculpt and paint is pretty good and close to the prototype. There's no way the final product will have all those subtle paint details, but it might be close enough since he's not a normal human figure.

I'm not. If I were Sideshow I'd be ashamed to show that abominable sculpt again.

The sculpt is good, it's the expression that someone needs a good hard kick in the pants for. Who on earth at SS looked at it and said "yep, that's what we think Beetlejuice should look like, like he just had an unexpected prostate exam"?

XphlME1Gzed-mcglunk.png

----

His name is Bobcat Goldthwait and he's awesome in just about everything he does. If you can stand his voice of course.

Great comparison. The facial expressions are so similar lol!

This figure is not out for pre order yet. The chances are that the headsculpt is being tweaked and waiting on the license to clear.

The current sculpt has a fantastic likeness to Keaton but it was a terrible choice of expression. Hopefully they're changing it.

That along with the sculpted hair that looks like it came out of a Play-Doh Fuzzy Pumper! :lol

well the good thing is you can replace the sculpt with a custom version so it would come out really nice.... also never knew there was pattern on the tie pattern totally crap! Caine is the man for a spot on sculpt for those who want to replacement! sculpt :)

Just goes to show no matter how much people complain about a crap sculpt they never listen!

Back