Statue Sideshow 1/5 AVP Scar

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So much hate for this pose!

I think out of this, the Wolf and the P1, this is deffo has the most "Predator" like pose.

With a masked head and switch out hands for some real Pred weapons this will be a winner.

SS really f#cked this Pred line big time! All 3 I've seen(this one, P1 and Wolf) are just bad in every way.

Disagree with your patent trolling. For the price point, these pieces are pretty damn impressive. Hey, I'm REALLY lucky to be able to afford some of the larger scale stuff, but most guys can't or won't shell out more than $200-$400 on a piece, and this line is clearly for them.

I concede the P1 is a bit weird in terms of the proportions, but that may only be in the photos. PS Elder is damn nice despite the flaw in the sword design and the Wolf makes the $1600 I spent on the Legendary Scale Fig harder to swallow. I'm not a huge Scar fan (would have preferred an AVP Elder or Celtic, which we'll probably get), but the pose is ok. What sells it is the detail. As for the anachronistic shield, I'm hesitant to cast dispersions on it as it may be an exclusive.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled trolling...

i know what you mean. that belongs to a more experienced ancient predator

I resent you calling me that, I mearly expressed MY opinoin. I don't go through treads just to dump on everyhing, you should really think about what you post before posting it. I do think SS could've made these more accurate and spent more time on the posing. I am upset they didn't put more effort in these like they did with the Pred dio's. If you like them then good for you, I'm happy for you, I however think being a 1/5 scale statue could've been done much better!

Learn some manners mate! All you should've said is that you like the satues in YOUR opinion, and not attack me personally, did I do that to you, no, I didn't.

Disagree with your patent trolling. For the price point, these pieces are pretty damn impressive. Hey, I'm REALLY lucky to be able to afford some of the larger scale stuff, but most guys can't or won't shell out more than $200-$400 on a piece, and this line is clearly for them.

I concede the P1 is a bit weird in terms of the proportions, but that may only be in the photos. PS Elder is damn nice despite the flaw in the sword design and the Wolf makes the $1600 I spent on the Legendary Scale Fig harder to swallow. I'm not a huge Scar fan (would have preferred an AVP Elder or Celtic, which we'll probably get), but the pose is ok. What sells it is the detail. As for the anachronistic shield, I'm hesitant to cast dispersions on it as it may be an exclusive.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled trolling...

Last edited:
I resent you calling me that, I mearly expressed MY opinoin. I don't go through treads just to dump on everyhing, you should really think about what you post before posting it. I do think SS could've made these more accurate and spent more time on the posing. I am upset they didn't put more effort in these like they did with the Pred dio's. If you like them then good for you, I'm happy for you, I however think being a 1/5 scale statue could've been done much better!

Learn some manners mate! All you should've said is that you like the satues in YOUR opinion, and not attack me personally, did I do that to you, no, I didn't.

First, watch who you call "mate;" I don't know you from Adam and was only commenting on your ridiculous conclusory statement that SS f$&@"ed up the 1/5 line without any support or any objective proof that the line was screwed. Typical troll. You (nor I) have seen the completion of thi line (thoug I am aware of where it's going, an can say it will make allot of fans very happy). I take offense to unconstructive lambasting of a purely subjective endeavor - you offered nothing of substance and no suggestions on how to mitigate the complained-of statues. Rather, you pop in and state that a line sucks. Well, back it up. Tell us why, objectively, it has failed. Good luck with that.

At the end of the day, this line serves a purpose and does it well within a realistic price point. Hey, maybe you're more focused on higher end collectibles, but for many that didn't get the original P1 maquette or can't swing $2k for the Wolf or Cinemaquette, these figures may satisfy. For you to arbitrarily cr@p on the line speaks not to the line, but to your own prevarications.

First, watch who you call "mate;" I don't know you from Adam and was only commenting on your ridiculous conclusory statement that SS f$&@"ed up the 1/5 line without any support or any objective proof that the line was screwed. Typical troll. You (nor I) have seen the completion of thi line (thoug I am aware of where it's going, an can say it will make allot of fans very happy). I take offense to unconstructive lambasting of a purely subjective endeavor - you offered nothing of substance and no suggestions on how to mitigate the complained-of statues. Rather, you pop in and state that a line sucks. Well, back it up. Tell us why, objectively, it has failed. Good luck with that.

At the end of the day, this line serves a purpose and does it well within a realistic price point. Hey, maybe you're more focused on higher end collectibles, but for many that didn't get the original P1 maquette or can't swing $2k for the Wolf or Cinemaquette, these figures may satisfy. For you to arbitrarily cr@p on the line speaks not to the line, but to your own prevarications.

First of all the term "mate" is just a term we Australians use, nothing to do whether I know you or not. Second I explained why I don't like this line in my last post, I'll repeat what I said. First the sculpts aren't up to scratch, second the poses are uninspired, and third the lack of accessories, e.g. trophies. Look at the Pred dio's that were done a few years back, noteably the P1 and it's 1/8 scale and is done better than the 1/5 scale.

Noooo!! All the EX scars on SSC are gone and I didn't get one:gah::gah:
That's what happens when I don't go on SSC for a week

First, watch who you call "mate;" I don't know you from Adam and was only commenting on your ridiculous conclusory

First of all the term "mate" is just a term we Australians use, nothing to do whether I know you or not.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqYuqWY8iM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqYuqWY8iM[/ame]

Back