Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cats are cooler than dogs

that's a fact.
great sig! :lol

Nah, they're just different.

smoking-drinking-dog-picture.jpg

I think if that dog wanted to, he could kill that cat. Not that it's a good thing.

I think dogs are better myself. I like both but if I could only have one, it would be a dog.

the only dogs i realy like are pugs there awesome.
but cats are the best animals on the planet.
img_2782.JPG

animal-photography-lion.jpg

Last edited:
You do know that's what they were used for right? Neapolitan Mastiff's were also used by the Romans back in the day to fight lions and gladiators. Anywho, just playing devils advocate, let's all enjoy some Kurdish Kangal owning some _____. :lol ...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfQaPPKBYJk[/ame]

Last edited:
You do know that's what they were used for right? Neapolitan Mastiff's were also used by the Romans back in the day to fight lions and gladiators. Anywho, just playing devils advocate, let's all enjoy some Kurdish Kangal owning some _____. :lol ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfQaPPKBYJk
that is crazy.
someone needs to start a cats vs. dogs thread on hear.
since that is what this thread is turning into. :lol

I love all animals (except snakes and spiders). I'm just dicking around because of all you crazy cat ladies picking on dogs. Bogart is actually more like a cat than a dog. :lol

I love all animals (except snakes and spiders). I'm just dicking around because of all you crazy cat ladies picking on dogs. Bogart is actually more like a cat than a dog. :lol
i like all animals.
i just love cats and like there company a lot more than dogs.
i ____ing hate spiders.

How's he doing? And we need a new pic for Maglor to drool over. :lol

I'll miss you "Cookie"

Here's a video of my girlfriend Melissa playing with our cat "Cookie" (Melissa called her Habibi and I called her Kitsy/ Baby Kitty).

[ame]https://youtu.be/cHXMjF988bc[/ame]

She was 11yrs old and has been in my life for over 5yrs, since Melissa and I have been together (starting April '07). Melissa had her since she was a kitten. I can truly say she was my best friend and I can't get over her being gone. We're both taking it hard, she was so special to both of us and made the days feel so much better with her around. Every time I'd come home after a long, rough day and see her bright welcoming eyes and cute little face, everything would seem to be alright.

I work as a Cable Service Technician and work "at least" an hour and half overtime every single day of work. Whenever I'd get home (if she wasn't hiding in one of her favorite spots sleeping, she'd come rub on my leg or sit at my feet when I sat down in our computer chair). Anytime I would lay down to go to sleep or take a nap, she would jump up on our bed and lay on our bed next to me and rub her little face on my elbow, arm, or hand. Every time Melissa would get home from work, our Kitsy would come from sleeping in the bedroom and meet her at the door (she always knew when Melissa was walking up to the building or up the stairs).

She was the most loving, cuddly, well mannered cat I've every met (and I enter peoples housed everyday and meet their pets due to my job). She wouldn't jump on furniture (other than the bed and her pink "Princess" chair that she loved), she never bothered my collectibles (there was never even one cat hair on any of them and she was a fluffy cat, who left her fur all over the floor and on our clothes), she would just come and chat and give lots of love and affection and act like another person (not stand-offish or uninterested like many cats do).

Our cuddly Baby Kitty loved to eat and was obese for her size, but she would act very happy and loving. We would call her a hog-jaw, because of how she loved to much at her food several times a day. I'd tell Melissa that Kitty's favorite things were eating, sleeping, and pooping in order with cuddling thrown in between each of them somewhere.

Well, we moved into our new apartment in late May, so we could start getting our stuff moved from our old place. Cookie started acting a little uncomfortable at that time, but we figured it was just the normal cat squeamishness. We finally moved all the stuff from the old apartment to the new on June 1 and figured Kitsy would start getting comfortable and settle in her favorite new found spots, but it never really happened.

She started hiding under the bed and acting uncomfortable, but again we were told by friends and family that she would come around in a week or two. The problem was.... she would barely touch her food and this continued for about a week. During this time, Melissa would buy her any kind of food and the best and fanciest food she could find, but our little Baby would nibble at it a bit and then not go near it again.

After that week Melissa took her to the Vet, who prescribed her antibiotics for 10 days and suggested that if they didn't work we may need to have a G-tube inserted into her to feed her. The days went by and Cookie ate less or not at all. We watched her go from a 13lbs cat down to 10lbs (we could see and feel her spine and pelvic bones). She wouldn't eat at all and didn't even want to drink water. The Vet suggest we start force feeding her or the G-tube would be a necessity. We had no idea things would move in such a downward spiral so quickly. Just a month and a half ago, she was a smiling and happy cat, then a few days ago she looked sad and miserable and just wanted to be left alone.

Yesterday, I took our Baby Kitty to the emergency Vet to have a ultrasound and then, if necessary the G-tube. We were willing to do whatever it took to make her better again (it had now been over a month since her health and started declining). They told me I should go home and wait for a call, since it would probably be a couple hours before the tests were done. After 2 and a half hours went by without a call, I decided to "call" them. The receptionist told me that I would need come back to the office and talk to the Vet (my heart sank so low, because that news didn't sound good). He said that there was an 80% chance that Cookie had cancer. She had a few lesions on her liver and fluid in her belly. He mentioned chemo treatments that could give her 2-4 mos or 6-8mos more, but the feeding tube would have to be added too. We knew our Baby Kitty was suffering, and that this would just continue her pain and decline, so we had to make the hard decision to put her down. We spent a couple hours holding and comforting her, until the Vet came and put her to her final rest.

She will be sorely missed. To me she was like a person and more than just a cat. We felt as if our Habibi would be around for several more years to come. It's as if a large part of us is missing and that part was a huge piece of our hearts. With just the two of us remaining in our apartment now, it feels as if the third special person who was always there with us is gone. Cookie truly was "one of a kind" and a part of me seems to have gone with her.

I'll probably post some pics of her, though most of them were of her sleeping or laying around.

Sam, I know exactly what you mean about everything you said, we have two little ones and they are exactly how Cookie is with the personalities.

I've trained them myself, they talk a lot and are super intelligent. I think it's really all about the owners with cats.

Sorry to hear this Sam,

Ski

Sam, I know exactly what you mean about everything you said, we have two little ones and they are exactly how Cookie is with the personalities.

I've trained them myself, they talk a lot and are super intelligent. I think it's really all about the owners with cats.

Sorry to hear this Sam,

Ski

And they can lift weights and Hulk Smash! :yess:

Back