Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry about your kitty, Sam. Just know you did the right thing for her.

:1-1:

Thank you for the kind words. :)

Sam, I know exactly what you mean about everything you said, we have two little ones and they are exactly how Cookie is with the personalities.

I've trained them myself, they talk a lot and are super intelligent. I think it's really all about the owners with cats.

Sorry to hear this Sam,

Ski

Dave, your words ring true. In the years I'd known Cookie, she took on many of the personality traits I passed on to her. I remember early on, she'd be curious about my figures when I'd opened them and learned to not mess with them when I'd tell her not to. She also learned how to respond to a lot of my visual ques and would come to me when I made certain motions. She didn't like He-man toys riding on her back like your cats do though. :)

P.S. Melissa really needed another kitty in our lives, so we took a trip to the ARL and found a new friend. Hopefully, she will help fill the emptiness we have in our hearts right now. Cookie was the first cat in my life and I'm having a really, really hard time getting over her loss.

Last edited:
I feel your pain,man. When we lost our boy Bob(our male Boston) we were devastated(still are a bit).We'd had him 6 1/2 years, and he was like our first born son.His diagnosis of a cardiac tumor pretty much ruined Xmas for us that year,though his was great(the family had been told that he could be"spoiled relentlessly" and he was).I'm sorry to tell you that the hurt never really goes away;you just get used to it(not much help, I realize).Don't expect the newbie to fill the hole;like as not she'll carve out her own space instead.But she will help a little, and that's really all you can expect...PS

I feel your pain,man. When we lost our boy Bob(our male Boston) we were devastated(still are a bit).We'd had him 6 1/2 years, and he was like our first born son.His diagnosis of a cardiac tumor pretty much ruined Xmas for us that year,though his was great(the family had been told that he could be"spoiled relentlessly" and he was).I'm sorry to tell you that the hurt never really goes away;you just get used to it(not much help, I realize).Don't expect the newbie to fill the hole;like as not she'll carve out her own space instead.But she will help a little, and that's really all you can expect...PS

Did you just lose him this past year? Sorry about your loss. I appreciate your understanding. I can tell that the hurt will stay, since our little girl Cookie was such and exceptional kitty. Everybody's support is helping through this painful event.

2pp0ena.jpg

Bostons aren't much better.It seems that all of the "bull"breeds have the buoyancy of a red brick Our Bailey fell into my wife's aunt's pool(in the deep end, of course).I've never seen any animal putting so much effort into keeping it's head above water.Of course, I went right in after her, but she was very un-happy about the whole thing..
We lost Bob 4 years ago;as to the hurt, you do get used to it(not much consolation, I know)...PS

Kids named them Eeny, Meeny, and Moe.(actually, in order it is Eeny, Moe, and Meeny)

Miny found a home.

Brought them to work with me, today.

DSC02564.jpg

Back