Show your pet, best friend, partner .....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggie.jpg

This is Maggie my French/english bulldog, she is 6 months old today.

What a cute little chunker.

Isn't that a Boston Terrier in that movie? My fiancee and I are torn between getting a Boston or a French Bulldog.

My vote of course goes to Frenchies. There really isn't anything else like them. Watch some of these videos of Dobby and Cookie and you'll get a good picture of what both are like. But the main reason I post this is just so people can see the side by side comparison of what the breeds look like. A lot of people think they look similar but in reality they really don't at all.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCNx55zuRmY[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCkhIcJfUm0&list=UUf28X2UTdOkj0m3_mBG1Fgw&index=7&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited:
Maglor clearly fails to appreciate the fine-ness that are Bosties and Frenchies. I, of course, have the former..PS

And to further illustrate the point...my girls.
DSCN4659.jpg

A rare moment of togetherness..
DSCN4653.jpg

The young up-start...
DSCN4669.jpg

The old lady...
Now my wife wants a cat,to go with the girls and the 6(!) aquaria.Won't have room for toys at this rte...PS

I really do love French Bulldogs. If I ever live somewhere that allows dogs, I'm getting one. :)

My advice to anyone looking for a Frenchie is to exhaust yourself on research before taking the plunge (these aren't labradors), and if you go with a breeder do the same on your breeder search. If you go rescue make sure you know what you're getting into financially with whichever dog you choose and any problems they might have both physically and psycholigically. Long story short be responsible.

I agree. Just curious: is that more true of Frenchies than any other dog/pet?

It's more so true for Frenchies than most breeds, but no more so than if you were getting any bull breed if that makes sense. With health issues and breeder responibility it's the same thing just with different issues. When you're looking for a responsible Lab breeder for example you want to have hip gaurantees and if it's got a field lab vs. english lab pedigree for preference. When you're looking for a responsible Frenchie breeder you're looking for at least a one year overall health guarantee. You're looking for proper breeding standards in regards to it's spine and it's brachycephalic presentation. Unfortunately you're finding a lot of breeders these days breeding for a certain look vs. breeding for proper standards. The rescue issue is just about being able to afford any commitment they might have because they are not a cheap breed and pyschologically these dogs are bulls so you gotta be sure you can handle one without hang ups before venturing into one that might have some. Sadly most Frenchies in the rescue programs are in there for one or both of these issues. Either the owner can't afford them or they can't handle them.

Last edited:
And to further illustrate the point...my girls.
DSCN4659.jpg

A rare moment of togetherness..
DSCN4653.jpg

The young up-start...
DSCN4669.jpg

The old lady...
Now my wife wants a cat,to go with the girls and the 6(!) aquaria.Won't have room for toys at this rte...PS

They are beautiful. I showed my other half these pics and she melted. Looks like we will go with our initial choice and get a boston. Not for a while yet though. Gotta stop myself buying hot toys.

Back