Show your LOTR shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gimlihead.jpg

SS_Gimli_Maquette_Front-1.jpg

SS_Gimli_Maquette_3-4_Right.jpg

SS_Gimli_Maquette_Back.jpg

SS_Gimli_Maquette_Front_2.jpg

Gimli_2.jpg

Gimli4.jpg

Gimli_3-1.jpg

Gimli_1.jpg

DSC01885_Bill.jpg

DSC01885_Bill2in1.jpg

SS_Smeagol_PF_2_zps86af8cad.jpg

SS_Gollum_PF_2_zpsad5a4008.jpg

SS_Gollum_PF_3_zps9124b230.jpg

My_LOTR_collection_group_zpsa4805403.jpg

Awesome display Bill. Two things I noticed. First, the witchking on fell beast statue is SOO tiny in comparison to the others. That used to be an expensive piece, still isn't cheap. Second, that SSW witchking sticks out, you should sell it to me ;)

Awesome display Bill. Two things I noticed. First, the witchking on fell beast statue is SOO tiny in comparison to the others. That used to be an expensive piece, still isn't cheap. Second, that SSW witchking sticks out, you should sell it to me ;)

Thanks cstojano, :wave

The SSW Witchking sticks out?...okay then, where would you like me to sent it? :lol

Great Pics and collection Bill!

:duff

Thanks Naz. :wave

Thanks joblain :wave

I just love seeing peoples collection and displays. :love

I have seen some wonderful displays from members here and elsewhere.

I can only dream of one day having a man-cave to display all my collection in the one place. :pray:

However that will be way in the future, I'm afraid. :slap

I think I might sell most of my LotR pieces and just keep a Witch King and Balrog diorama... I need to refocus my collection.

I think I might sell most of my LotR pieces and just keep a Witch King and Balrog diorama... I need to refocus my collection.

If you do send me a PM, I'm looking for a some pieces! I just started my LOTR collection a few months ago and finding the pieces I want seems to be extremely difficult!

Looking at everyone's collections is just awesome though! Give me ideas on how I want to display my pieces!

Just make sure you don't create a thread in this section selling or start listing them here. Also, I need to remind folks you can't create for sale threads unless you're a premium member.

I just spent the past hour salivating over the pictures in this thread. All of my stuff is boxed up at the moment which makes it even worse- I have nothing to share! LOL

I'm really liking the look of the Detolf from Ikea. Does anyone here have this cabinet? If so do you recommend it? I have some taller PFs (Dark Rider of Mordor, Raiders Indy) to display. Could they fit comfortably? Are the shelves adjustable? The price is right, so if it meets my needs I may grab three or four.

I just spent the past hour salivating over the pictures in this thread. All of my stuff is boxed up at the moment which makes it even worse- I have nothing to share! LOL

I'm really liking the look of the Detolf from Ikea. Does anyone here have this cabinet? If so do you recommend it? I have some taller PFs (Dark Rider of Mordor, Raiders Indy) to display. Could they fit comfortably? Are the shelves adjustable? The price is right, so if it meets my needs I may grab three or four.

IMO the Detolf cabinets are excellent for statue display. As you can see in the photo they have 3 shelves that is 4 display areas 38cm high. You can keep only the one shelf and make just two bigger display areas 76cm high (or the two shelves with 3 areas). Otherwise they are not adjustable except if you do custom work. I don't think the DROM can fit in there. To be honest, I think its better to use them for 1/6 statues, this way you can fit a lot in there. If you use them for PF's you can fit only two. Hope this helps.

Detolf's are O.K but you need to get 2 x sealing strips around the door as there is a fair gap around it for dust. Plus you are limited on height and will end up using only a couple of the shelves after removing the others (as mentioned). A sealed unit is preferable and IKEA do make them with separate doors, I think they are called Besta?

Any way, it's all down to space, money and preference. I am going down the 'build it yourself' route :wink1:

https://www.wetacollectors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41382

Last edited:
I know how I want to display my collection however it will have to wait until I buy a house....I wanted to do those built into the wall shadow box displays. I would also paint scenery in the back of the shadow box to add more of a museum like quality to it. Then add lights in the top so it will hit the statues perfectly! But yah, definitely will have to wait for that one! Lol need a house and the funds to do that!

I know how I want to display my collection however it will have to wait until I buy a house....I wanted to do those built into the wall shadow box displays. I would also paint scenery in the back of the shadow box to add more of a museum like quality to it. Then add lights in the top so it will hit the statues perfectly! But yah, definitely will have to wait for that one! Lol need a house and the funds to do that!

That's an awesome idea! I am in the same boat when it comes to displaying figures. I don't want to until I have a house, or a dwelling where I know I'll be for a fair amount of time. Especially the Dark Rider PF- it sounds like a pain to put together. I wouldn't want to have to take it all apart to re-box it and then put it together again.

That's an awesome idea! I am in the same boat when it comes to displaying figures. I don't want to until I have a house, or a dwelling where I know I'll be for a fair amount of time. Especially the Dark Rider PF- it sounds like a pain to put together. I wouldn't want to have to take it all apart to re-box it and then put it together again.

DROM is not that bad to repackage, just only don't spend hours getting the cloth right if you know you will pack him back up quick.

Back