Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Show your Hot toys Batman Collection!

dxjoker3.jpg

This picture from the DX Joker thread (Crow's picture) shows that it is FAR from a rehash. The Joker on the left is the DX, the one on the right is the BR Head/V1 Costume. The DX is clearly a substantial improvement in costume material, fabric, design, coloration, and fit. The coat is better, the vest is better, the shirt is better, the tie is better, the eyes, the pants, the shoes. From all appearances, it is just better ... by a lot.

SnakeDoc

eh, i see the differences now, but i still think that is too small of changes to spend 150 bucks on another joker. at least for me. im happy with the original body, heck, i even like the first sculpt, even though its not perfectly like heath ledger like the other ones, its the only one where hes got non-runny makeup AND smilling AND looking straight foward.

I am sooo glad I did not bite earlier cause for the price and a bit for the TT I am getting and keeping the Joker and Cop

eh, i see the differences now, but i still think that is too small of changes to spend 150 bucks on another joker. at least for me. im happy with the original body, heck, i even like the first sculpt, even though its not perfectly like heath ledger like the other ones, its the only one where hes got non-runny makeup AND smilling AND looking straight foward.

I can't speak to that -- this will be my first purple-suit version. I passed on the V1 because I couldn't justify spending $150 on a ridiculous headsculpt just to get the costume.

SnakeDoc

Proof or GTFO.

Just look at the pics of the DX Batman and then look at the TDK first release..same suit...they should have re-designed it into weaved body glove with thin pieces of flexible plastic for armour plating.

I've seen varying pics. Some where it looks like it's the same exact suit (figures at conventions and on display), others where it appears to be thinner and much better looking (spec pics).

Nobody can tell for sure and HT never went into detail if it was the same one or not. Could be either one.

Maybe

3734568456_577d94aaf8_o.jpg

Maybe not

DX02_TDK_Batman_14.jpg

It's still not this,

20080625_ad6bf79960e4da0e6d916K0fTRHc9WhB.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like the same suit as the first to me.
3817249589_c4692cf05b.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's the same suit, they may have just gotten the proportions on the head to more closely match the body. I still expect it to be bulky as hell.

I'm pretty sure it's the same suit, they may have just gotten the proportions on the head to more closely match the body. I still expect it to be bulky as hell.

According to this photo-analysis thing by Maulfan, it looks substantially less bulky. The chest and shoulders are far smaller, the waist is somewhat smaller. Altogether better proportioned. I expect the improvement on Batman to be as substantial as that on the Joker.

TDK6.jpg

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

The figure looks the same to me. I doubt Hot Toys went throught all that trouble just to make a more slim suit.

Less bulky - good, but only with over analysis to confirm this - it dosen't strike you as *less bulky*

However - bulkyness aside, it still isn't accurate enough

It looks exactly like the film's version! The only thing that needs improvement is the bulkiness of the chest.

However - bulkyness aside, it still isn't accurate enough

uh...yeah...

you're right, it looks absolutely nothing like the film suit...i couldn't even tell what character it was. i thought it was roger rabbit at first....

uh...yeah...

you're right, it looks absolutely nothing like the film suit...i couldn't even tell what character it was. i thought it was roger rabbit at first....

Yeah, I thought is was superman. Nothing like the movies costume.:lol

uh...yeah...

I didn't say that - I said it wasn't accurate, there is a difference. There are elements to the chest armour and the stomach and arm armour that could benefit from improvements.

Less bulky - good, but only with over analysis to confirm this - it dosen't strike you as *less bulky*

It is difficult to say definitively how it "strikes you" from only a couple of photos.

SnakeDoc

Back